cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC Bolt Display Screen Half Black Broken

Go to solution
Journeyman

Re: HTC Bolt Display Screen Half Black Broken

I'm also having this issue. Half the screen is black. This is my second HTC bolt, with the same issue. The first one happened after 12 days. The second one happened after 25 days. Seems to be a widespread issue. I hope HTC or Sprint does something about this.

Journeyman

So, I've been to the Sprint Store. They immediatly kicked me to HTC. HTC wants me to send the phone to them for repair, at my expense.  I've filed a claim with the the Sprint protection plan, they've referred me to the store.  This is beyond ridiculous. What sort of business won't stand behind the products it sells?  I've heard that Sprint is in dire staits these days, now I'm starting to believe it.

Master

satavtech, thank you for contacting us, sorry for all the inconvenience caused. Allow us the opportunity to look into this and discuss your options. What issues are you currently experiencing with your HTC device? Does it have any physical damage?

Ina.

Sprint Social Care Team.

Ina.
Sprint Social Care Team.
Master

Was this in a store or on the phone that they kicked you straight to HTC? Usually they'll replace the phone, that's what they have been doing with others that have posted before you.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

This phone is having major issues. go to youtube and search HTC Bolt screen issues or black screen and there are videos of these issues. My 5 year ols son likes to play games on my phone an if he touches an area wrong the screen blacks out but you can still hear the sound of the game playing. The phone will ring and I got to pull it out of my pocket and the screen is black and it will not turn on but it is still ringing and you can answer it by hiting the power button. I have been with sprint for 8 to 10 years and if sprint doesn't hurry and admit you are selling a lemmon I will ditch sprint. Also no my phone doesn't have any physical damage. Also since Nov about half the time when my wife calls me my phone and my phone will not ring but we will both have great signal. We have even been in the same room and tested to see if it would happen and it did. In Nov I had a different phone so it is a network issue. Between Bolt screen issues and my wife not being able to call me I ask is sprints low price worth it?

Tags (1)
Master

Have you taken it into a Sprint store to be looked at and possibly replaced?

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.

Hey AMXJAVELIN!

If the device doesn't have physical damage, we advise you to take it to one of our repair stores to have our technicians take a look at this issue. They'll let you know what the nest next step would be to repair/replace your device. Click here to locate your nearest repair store.

Michael C

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

Hi,

I originally purchased my HTC Bolt the day after Thanksgiving. Sprint was selling the device for

$ 300.00. Having been a longtime Sprint customer and HTC advocate ( because of the audio capabilities ). I had the phone for approximately a month before the dreaded half black screen appeared. I tried to resolve the issue through Sprint corporate and through a Sprint corporate store. After getting nowhere for weeks and being told I would be billed on my account $ 500.00 plus for another phone. I turned to HTC directly. They expressed to me, just send the phone in to their repair center in Texas and in approximately 10 days I would receive my phone back. It has been almost 3 weeks since they received it. Apparently, a second tier support is working on the phone, but don't have an answer for me as to when it will be returned. You know, I have been a Sprint customer for almost seven years. I have been through a lot of growing pains before they finally rolled out decent LTE service. I am paying for a phone I haven't been able to use for almost 2 months. Once this is resolved, I must seriously consider going to another carrier.

Chris

Journeyman

Same issue here also, on 2 phones. It started on both within a few days of each other. Both my husband and I upgraded to the Bolt in December and it has been anything but an upgrade. I have been with Sprint for 15 years, and they will do nothing for this issue. Unfortuantely we do not have an old spare phone to use while we send ours back to HTC. Why Sprint will not replace them and deal with HTC themselves is very frustrating. It's great paying for servies we can't even use becuase of faulty equipment they sold us.

Master

I'm confused, why won't they do anything? Have you taken it in to a Sprint store? What about contacting HTC about repairing it, it is under warranty still and HTC honors the warranty.

--

Master

agabel84, so sorry to hear about the trouble you've had with your device. Allow us to review your options, I sent you a private message, please reply when you get a chance.

chrisaz1, this is definitely not the experience we want you to have. We would love the opportunity to address your concerns, please respond to the private message I sent you.

Ina.

Sprint Social Care Team.

Ina.
Sprint Social Care Team.
Journeyman

Now my 4th or 5th one has the issue, I forgot what number I'm on now. I got my original one less than two months ago. Can we have a recall now? Sprint can't just keep burying this problem, there has got to be a better solution that just replacing your phone with the same one every couple weeks.
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat