cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC Bolt Display Screen Half Black Broken

Go to solution
GrandMaster

Re: HTC Bolt Display Screen Half Black Broken

you are exchanging them through Sprint or HTC?
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

This thread should not be listed as "solved". A recall needs to be done. I've been having the issues with my Bolt of half screen and blackout for weeks now and I've only had it for 2 months. I've spoken to multiple Sprint reps and they all told me I have to go through HTC because I dont have insurance. HTC told me I have to send my phone back for repair. I dont have a working backup to use in the meantime so that will be a major inconvenience especally since I'm reading that HTC is facing a backlog of these phones that need to be repaired. I'm not about to wait 3 weeks to get mine repaired. And I am not confident it will even be fixed properly since other users have said repaired and replacement phones continue to have this problem. This is my 3rd HTC phone but I will never buy another one and I'm about to drop Sprint (after 15 years) over the lack of support. This is obviously a widespread problem from what I'm reading online. A recall needs to be done.

GrandMaster

then HTC would need to start the recall..the carrier doesnt get to make it happen. at the moment you either need to take it into a repair store so they can look it over or go directly through HTC. thosre are the options.
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

fireguy I have been exchanging them through sprint, HTC has a 2 or 3 week turn around, I don't have a spare working phone. I understand that it is on HTC to decide on the recall, but sprint keeps selling these defective phones. The closest repair store to me is an hours drive, I'm tired of replacing my phone every couple weeks.
GrandMaster

know anyone with a backup/spare phone? im still leaning towards the HTC route..you have to look at the request for a recall a bit differently..it would be like a car dealership telling Ford to do a recall on a vehicle..aint gonna happen..now if Ford themselves make that call then its gonna happen.
Journeyman

Too bad it's not a car, it would've already fallen under the lemon law. We don't get phones until our old ones no longer work, none my family and closer friends have sprint service.
GrandMaster

shoot. as much as i hate to say it you might be able to have it rapid shipped to and from but that would end up costing you...not the greatest of info but at the moment its all i have to give. the only hold up then would be the actual work once they get it.
Journeyman

I actually contacted a corporate store again today, and they are letting people swap it for an s7 or HTC10
Journeyman

Since after Christmas I have been having nothing but problems with my HTC bolt. I am already on my second phone and that phone is has the same issues.  There is a site http://www.mydefectivebolt.com where a lot of uses have begun to share experiences. This is becoming a widespread problem. Sprint and HTC need to do something!

Journeyman

Sprint Michael,

The Sprint repair stores are useless if you dont't have insurance.

Users without insurance need to contact HTC directly if they dont't want to pay to get the phone fixed.

Master

Well, if they don't have insurance, they will be charge around $30 for them to look at the phone. But I've seen them do replacements if they are unable to fix it after paying the $30.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

I had no luck getting anyone to agree to replace my defective Bolt with an S7 of HTC10. Not over the phone with Sprint or at a corporate store. I keep getting told to deal direct with HTC. Not happy with Sprint's lack of support. I ended up sending my Bolt to HTC and will be without a phone for however long it takes to get it back. Hopefully the turn around it quick and it works correctly. Fingers crossed.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat