cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC Bolt Display Screen Half Black Broken

Go to solution
Journeyman

Re: HTC Bolt Display Screen Half Black Broken

I understand that Sprint does not make this phone but if Sprint is going to touting this as their FLAGSHIP phone they need to hold HTC accountable for making a defective product. This is a well phone issue with HUNDREDS of phones breaking down time and time again. How can you just tell Customers to just go back to the Sprint store every month when your phone breaks down again for the same exact reason? Thats just unacceptable and poor business practice.

This is something I feel should be filed as a complaint with the BBB.

For others who are fed up with Sprint and HTC's inaction, please submit a BBB complaint online:

Master

exitnext, thanks for reaching out. We definitely want to help you resolve this issue, please reply to my private message for additional support.

Ina.

Sprint Social Care.

Ina.
Sprint Social Care Team.
Journeyman

Chris, if I had written this myself it would be no different with the 3xception that my first bolt (received right after black friday) died in two weeks. My second bolt died right after the first of the year. I have had a loaner phone since that time. Today is the 14th of March. And I am paying the full price each month for my second bolt instead of the agreed upon price from black Friday. Very unhappy with sprint at this point.

Greg McPherson
Journeyman

I will say that my local store in st johns Michigan has been very helpful however sprint removed their ability the first of the year to help me completely as in the past.
Master

gregmcpherson1, I understand this is an inconvenience, allow us to help you. Is the loaner phone another HTC Bolt? Please allow us to review your account and see what options are available to you. I sent you a private message, please reply to it when you get the chance.

Ina.

Sprint Social Care Team.

Ina.
Sprint Social Care Team.
Journeyman

I am sorry Michael C but that is not true.  I purchased an HTC Bolt for my daughter and one for myself in December 2016.  Mine started having problems with the screening blacking out last week.  I took it to the Sprint store in Sugarland Texas, the tech took one look at it and said that the problem ws a known issue with the phone and they replaced my phone on the spot.  Excellent customer service

My daughter who is away at school had the same issue. She took her phone into two Sprint stores. The first store claimed they had never heard of the issues and basically accused her of damaging phone.  When she explained that I had similar issue and it was resolved she was told that was not true.  She called Sprint Customer service and Service Advocate said store should replace the phone (guessing the Service Advocate looked my account and saw the service and it's resolution). That Sprint Store did not have phone in stock but they found store with phone in stock and referred her to that store.  When she arrived Manager basically told her she had damaged phone, that it was probably water damage.  First issue with that is phone is supposed to be water proof so if it was water damaged then you have defective phone that did not perform as advertised.  Second issue is they did not look for water damage which could have easily done.  Third issue is we have the protection plan on the phone which would have covered water damage.  Bottom line is store flat refused to replace phone and told my daughter she had to contact HTC.  Three hours later and three taxis rides later she left the Sprint store with defective and barely usable phone.  Neither store attempted to restore/repair the phone.  Not just poor customer service, but disrespectful and no customer service. 

I have been loyal Sprint customer for 17 years but I will be changing my plan to Verizon within the next week.

Journeyman

I am having the same exact problem....Sprint Tech had our Bolt for over 4 hours and said it was water damaged yet the phone was never opened. We are payingbit off and sending it back to HTC (who also will not help us because we have insurance tgrough Sprint's Asurion who wants a $200 deductible!). He is buying a phone (HTC Ultra?) out right from HTC and getting Uh Oh Protection which we were never told about by Sprint Rep who sold us the phone.
GrandMaster

on some of the HTC devices the "uhoh" protection was advertised within the box it came in. . not quite understanding why they would say they wont help because you have insurance through soemone else..especially since you have a manufacturers warranty through HTC in this case. usually for the first year of owning the device that covers defects and whatnot. which if there is actually water damage that would be voided.
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

That is what happens when I do the Live Chats. I should have been smarter and put "Other" for the problem rather than "Water Damaged". In February the Sprint Tech told my son it was water damaged (yet the case does not appear to have opened) and he needed to make a claim through Asurion. Funny that Sprint only gave us TEP ($11/mo) on the Bolt because I have been paying $13/mo for TEPPlus on my 2 Samsungs). Asurion wants a $200 deductible which I cannot afford plus paying that phone. Our solution is....My son is going to pay off the Bolt with Sprint, send it back to HTC and buy a phone directly through HTC (I believe he is going to get the HTC Ultra). The Bolt started losing color in December on the screen within a few weeks of having the phone. The first Sprint Tech he talked to in late December told him the phones have double screen and one of them is cracked. In February we left the phone with Sprint Tech (all of these "Techs" I am referring to are the Store repair people) which said they would contact us within 2 hours. No one called so my son headed up to the Store to see what was up and arrived just before the Store closed. The repair guy proceeds to tell him (I wasn't there so I do not know exact words) that the phone was water damaged. I am frustrated that there wasn't better Customer Care since I have been with Sprint for 16 years now. Sorry, I am sure you didn't need all the details AGAIN on my situation. I appreciate your feedback though 🙂 As I said, my son is going to pay off the Bolt at Sprint and he is going to go through HTC Company to get another phone (He likes HTC phones and never had a problem like this before until this phone).
Journeyman

I forgot to mention that I called Sprint Customer Service yesterday about the phone. She suggested I call HTC's Warranty Dept and see what I can there because the second Live Chat person I talked to said she was going to troubleshoot the phone and needed my sons Google account info to get in there and troubleshoot. I told her the screen is black, there is no way to troubleshoot and she just repeated she needed the Google account info. I didn't know the info as it is my sons info plus I was uncomfortable with that...Sprint doesn't even ask for that info. I dropped it after that.
GrandMaster

i am the same way..the majority of the phones i have owned have been HTC..i rarely venture away from them but decided to try out the LG V20 for giggles. my next phone i will more than likely be jumping back to the HTC land. this issue here really needs to be pushed through HTC. i know a few people have sent in their devices to HTC..dont remember how long it took for the turn around but i know they havent posted in here since. if things went bad with HTC you would think they would post in here about the negative happenings but nothing. when you ship it into HTC you will need a secondary device to put onto your line so you are still up and going until the Bolt comes back though...which is a pain but unfortunately how it must happen.
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

He immediately switched service back to his HTC One (battery goes dead quickly which is why he ended up getting the Bolt) in February because he needed a phone 🙂 I just need to call HTC and see if they will pay the shipping like the first Live Chat person told me they would.
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat