cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC Bolt Display Screen Half Black Broken

Go to solution
GrandMaster

Re: HTC Bolt Display Screen Half Black Broken

soon as you get a hold of them just request to talk to tech support. the first call agents you speak with are not the ones you want trying to get this figured out. the tech support guys are the ones you need to speak with.
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I will be sure to do that. Thank you so much for all your help with this Smiley Happy
GrandMaster

no worries. its by far not my first rodeo with stuff like this lol.
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

This is NOT solved.  No solution but to go to the store and get another phone... after being an HTC fan for a long time, I wil never go back.  I hope the sprint store will give me a different model...

Journeyman

I had to force Sprint to replace my Bolt with an S7 as they kept offering to send a new defective Bolt. The S7 rocks compared to the bolt, so glad I switched. Unfortunately I had to spend about 4 hours on phone with sprint escalating this issue.
Journeyman

I don't know if it's been brought up in this thread but here it goes.
My bolt started having a black right screen yesterday, do I did some quick research, and there were no answers.

I figure I try stuff myself and so far my fix has worked. Haven't had a black screen since I fixed it yesterday. The fix is uninstalling the ice view app and turn off auto update so it won't update itself.
This so far has worked for me.
GrandMaster

i take it ice view was a pre installed app that came with the phone?
Journeyman

It is a pre Installed app that is designed for a specific case by htc. It turns off the screen and only allows portions of the screen to turn on.
There is no way to delete the app.
GrandMaster

gotcha. post back in a couple days so we know what your status is with this.
Master

This is where you made your mistake. This is an HTC device, Sprint does not manufacturer it. You want to start a petition, you would be better off petitioning HTC.

Do you know how a recall works? If you did, you would know there's nothing Sprint can do but sign the same petition you are signing. They've already probably been contacting HTC about the problems, so there's nothing more for them do so in regards to a recall.

A recall has to be initiated by the manufacturer. A user or carrier can not issue a recall. When a recall is initiated, it's up to the OEM to make good on it. This usually means repair, replace or buy back. Guess what, Sprint has already been initiating replaces, HTC has already initiated repairs. They are already doing what's required of them.

BTW, by posting about a petition, you violated Sprints terms of use on the forum. Don't be surprised if your messages are deleted.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
GrandMaster

the OEM itself is the one that can make the call for it to be recalled. not the carrier.
Journeyman

What is the fix? Mine started doing the half black display today.
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat