cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC ONE BATTERY LIFE 100%->99% IN 30 MINS?

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

HTC ONE BATTERY LIFE 100%->99% IN 30 MINS?

Im not sure if anyone else has experienced this but i took my phone off the charger and it about 33 mins, my phone was down to 99%. i browsed facebook, twitter and instagram throughout those 30 mins and also did some light texting. not sure if this is normal or not. ive gotten pretty good battery life on this phone. im not really a power user per say. i can easily get over a day of usage on the phone per charge which is really good from reading other forums. right now my battery is on 89% and 1 hr 35 mins on the current battery charge

wifi is off. power saver and deep sleep is on. i am also using deep sleep battery saver with slumber setting on. feedback would be great. thanks for reading!

also, i have clean master running in the background i think.. for cleaning cache. is that necessary?

18 REPLIES 18
GrandMaster

Re: HTC ONE BATTERY LIFE 100%->99% IN 30 MINS?

you shouldnt have any need to run an app manager or clean master..the phone already does this on its own and it will cause the phone and those apps to pretty much battle each other...which in turn will cause your battery to take a beating. one thing you can do to test this is to restart the phone in safe mode..this will shut down any 3rd party apps..then test he phone again and see how it does..if it still happens then you know its not any of the 3rd party apps. also how is your reception? also keep in mind that all the things you browsed through in half an hour would easily drop you battery wise..was this while on wifi, 3G, 4G?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************

cpstaley1029,

Thank you for posting. Battery life can fluctuate depending on what is being use on the device. Applications and streaming of video or music can make the battery go down a lot quicker then if the phone is just at rest not being used. Keep in mind to what fireguy_6364 had mentioned is your network connection can affect battery life. If you are not getting a strong enough signal that can cause your device to have to work harder to transfer the data . Being on Wi-Fi can help with your battery as well.  Please let us know how you are connecting and your signal stength.

Thank you,

Anthony

Social Care Team

Journeyman

how do i run my HTC ONE in safe mode? i dont see that option anywhere.. also i was told by a sprint rep via chat that clean master was fine but maybe they were wrong. it was running on wifi on and off. i use deep sleep battery saver to turn the wifi on and off when not in use as well as power save mode that is already on the phone and deep sleep mode on the phone as well. i was getting really good battery but for the past few days it seems a tad bit off.. todays battery stats so far are 11 hrs 14 mins on the current charge with 78% battery. how does that sound? normal? i actually have to have an airave device in order to have service where i am but the airave give me full bars but without it, my phone will roam.

Journeyman

i use an airrave since my service where i live isnt great at all... well at least not in my house. i get ok service around town but not until i go to the next city away (45 mins north) will i always have a full set of bars. with the airave i have a full set of bars always.

GrandMaster

one of the problems people run into is updates..a 3rd party app gets an update and the app goes wonky on them..you didnt make changes to wifi itself under advanced settings? im considered a heavy phone user...movies while on lunch..games..LOTS of texting and browser use and i still make it roughly a full day on a single charge..the games i play are for sure battery killers..11 hours and only barely breaking 80% is pretty good.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Patron

I can't seem to get my HTC One to even attempt to connect to my airave 2.5. When I enter ##debug# in the dialer it shows i'm on CH# 476 and it won't change.

GrandMaster

Call in to airave tech support. There is a reset they can do that should lock you back into the airave.

Master

cpstaley1029 wrote:

how do i run my HTC ONE in safe mode?

The method I'm used to is the following,

1. Make sure Fast Boot is disabled.
  2. Turn phone off completely
  3. Press power button and at first boot screen, press and hold Volume Down button until fully booted.
  4. Safe Mode should show in the bottom left corner.

I've also heard the following, but not positive it works.

1. Press and release the Power Button
  2. Press and Hold Power Button until menu displays
  3. Press Restart
  4. Now turn on phone
  5. Safe Mode should show in the bottom left corner.

Again, I'm not positive on the 2nd set of instructions. Also not sure about step 4 as it should restart the phone from option 3 I would think. But I haven't had a chance to try the instructions to verify.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.

cpstaley1029,

Thank you for replying.  I do want to check your area and see what is impacting your in home coverage. The Airave is a great device and allows you to get much better reception for calls. Could you please provide your zip code and nearest cross streets?  Also did you always have issues with signal in your home or did it start to happen recently?  I am glad you have the Airave device now to help improve your signal. Please let me know.

Thank you,

Anthony

Social Care Team

Journeyman

took all the apps i felt may cause the drain and my phone has been back to normal! BUT this morning i woke up after having my phone fully charged (not plugged in) to 100%, it was on 87%. that seems like a big drain for standby. current time on current charge 11 hrs. usually i lose no more than 5% battery over night (which still seems high for a phone on standby from a full charge).

restarted the phone and the battery saver app said 89% in the battery bar. so now im confused..? is it 87 or 89? is there something wrong with the battery reader or something?

past 2 days my battery has been great (bck to 1 d 18hrs one full charge) so not sure if its just a glitch or the battery is going bad.

Journeyman

nearest cross street is main st zip code 27030

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat