cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC ONE BATTERY LIFE 100%->99% IN 30 MINS?

Go to solution
Journeyman

Re: HTC ONE BATTERY LIFE 100%->99% IN 30 MINS?

not sure what phone those steps are for, but they're not for the HTC ONE (M7 version).

Wizard

cpstaley1029,

Thank you for the info. I checked the area and not seeing any issues that could cause your battery to drain. The steps provided by smotrs should do the trick to put phone on safe mode. However below are some steps to help your battery life in general.  Try them and if that doesn't help I'd suggest taking it to a service and repair center to have your phone diagnosed.

http://support.sprint.com/support/tutorial/Conserve_battery_life/47845-498?question_box=battery

Dania

Social Care

Journeyman

another battery update:

last night i took the phone off the charger at 11:30, woke up today after it was on standby all night (9hrs+) and have 92% battery. a little better than yesterday at 87% on standby for 11 hrs.

is this ok??

should i take my phone in? looks to  me like the battery is draining 1% or so every hour.

im a few days past the 14 day mark for exchange so if something ends up being wrong with my phone am  going to have problems getting a new handset?

Wizard

cpstaley1029,

I think you should be okay. Do you have any notifications on for anything besides messages, calls such as  emails? I know my battery drains a bit faster than usual when I have my emails coming to my phone as I receive them as opposed to when I want them to come to my phone. If you feel more comfortable having a tech check the phone out that would be best to avoid issues in the future.

Dania

Social Care

Journeyman

i think im giong to take the phone in. i woke up with 7 hrs standby and 95% battery, 1 text notification.

i also restarted my phone and when i went into settings, power and looked at the battery time, it was erased. it was back at 13 seconds, 20s, etc etc

Wizard

cpstaley1029,

Definitely take it in to make sure and let us know the outcome.  I do think you are okay, but better safe than sorry.

Dania

Social Care

Master

The first one is the one HTC has been using for a while. Though I've heard it doesn't work, not sure why unless Fast Boot is still enabled or they changed it completely.

The second one was a method another site posted and several comments reported it worked.

I know there's a Safe Mode and there's a way to get into it as people have been complaining the phone booted and it says Safe Mode in the bottom left corner. But how they got to it is still not known.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat