cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC One M7 - Caller Unable to Hear Me After Lollipop Update

Go to solution
Journeyman

HTC One M7 - Caller Unable to Hear Me After Lollipop Update

I upgraded my system software a few days ago, and since then everyone who has called me has been unable to hear me. I can hear them, but they hear static/garbled noise. Has anyone else had this problem? Any fixes? I've found that they can only hear me when I plug in the headphones/mic that come with phone.

6 REPLIES 6
GrandMaster

Re: HTC One M7 - Caller Unable to Hear Me After Lollipop Update

what all have you attempted so far to troubleshoot it? restarting the phone? i doubt updating the profile or PRL will do anything..

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I've restarted, pull out and reinserted sim card, updated profile and updated PRL updates.

I just found out that the other thing that works besides using the headphone mic is to put the call on speaker phone.

Master

datman83,

That's not good. I can definitely understand your frustration. Are you experiencing the issue in a specific location? Have you tried our Sprint Zone app? The app provides troubleshooting steps and you'll also be able to alert the network techs of the issues you're experiencing.

- Marie
Sprint Social Care
GrandMaster

oddly enough though if im remembering right while on speaker phone its still using that same mic that is used while on a regular call. to be honest you might want to back the phone up and  reset the phone back to stock..if you have insurance you can take it into a repair store and have them look at it but more than likely they will recommend the same thing since these phones cant be opened.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

After reading around online, I've found out that htc one phones tend to have an issue with their noise cancelling mics. It's a little hole at the bottom of the phone near the micro usb port. Someone mentioned taping up the hole, blowing into or sucking on that hole. Blowing into it seemed to work for me. I'm not sure if the issue occurs because the update as I've found people on other forums with the same issue occurring after the update or that it's just a coincidence.

GrandMaster

probably coincidental seeing as how you cleared it up a bit by blowing into that small hole..an update issue wouldnt have plugged that hole up lol..could be that the update made some changes to how sensitive that mic and out of randomness that hole was slightly plugged with pocket fuzz.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat