Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC One M8 Sim Unlock PROBLEM

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

HTC One M8 Sim Unlock PROBLEM

I have an HTC One M8 model 831C sprint phone that I want to use in Canada. The phone is fully paid for and out of contract.

I have contacted Sprint to have the sim card unlocked for international use. Contrary to what the user manual specifies, and what is commonly known about this phone, Sprint support told  me this model  phone cannot be unlocked.( I still have the sprint chat record )

I am disappointed with SPRINT  inaccurate response .

On a previous occasion, Sprint requested the phone PIN number, which Is not available.

I obtained the phone legally and I am able to provide ownership certification.

In addition the phone is fully paid for and has a clean IMEI

I tried visiting a local sprint store but I was told that they could not provide support with that issue.

I am somewhat disappointed with the SPRINT after sales service

Here I am the owner of a very powerful mobile phone and cannot use it outside the USA

I will greatly appreciate any help with this issue.

Thank You

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@clavoie, Okay great! Please check your inbox at your earliest convenience.

Fausto
Sprint Social Care

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Journeyman

Hi @clavoie, Sprint will unlock a device from Sprint's network under the following circumstances:

• The device must be or have been active on the Sprint network for a minimum of 50 days
  • The device has not been reported as lost or stolen, associated with fraudulent activity, or otherwise flagged as ineligible to be unlocked
  • Among others, please click the following link for full details: https://sprint.co/2xL4Ff4 .

In order to verify the device eligibility I will send you a private message, so we can further assist you.

Fausto
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted

Thank you Fausto

All of the above applies to my phone . I look forward to your private message

@clavoie, Okay great! Please check your inbox at your earliest convenience.

Fausto
Sprint Social Care

View solution in original post

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat