cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC One M8 Sim Unlock

Journeyman

HTC One M8 Sim Unlock

I have an HTC One M8 model 831C sprint phone that I want to use in Mexico. The phone is out of contract. I have contacted Sprint to have the sim card unlocked for international use. I received an email and an unlock code but can't use any sim card. 

I tried visiting a local sprint store but I was told that they could not provide support with that issue.

I will greatly appreciate any help with this issue.

Thank You

9 REPLIES 9
Sprint Employee

Re: HTC One M8 Sim Unlock

Please send me a private message to look into this.

No longer working Community Response.
Journeyman

I am having the same problem. I asked Sprint to unlock the phone when I bought a new one and they told me it was done, and gave me an MSL code to use. However, when I arrived overseas and inserted a foreign SIM card, the phone was not unlocked and didn't prompt me to enter a code. I called the international help desk and they were completely useless - not only could they not help, but they hung up on me several times and never ended up calling back.

According to what I've been able to find out online, the Sprint version of this phone will never prompt you to enter an unlock code so this has to be done some other way. There are places online that say they can do it for you, but the fees are steep. Why on earth should I pay someone else to do Sprint's job for them???? Can anyone help with this?

Sprint Social Care

Good morning biondanonima. Most devices launched after February 2015 may be able to be unlocked by submitting a case, we can go ahead and review the account and see what can be done. Please take a look at our unlock policy here , also I sent you a Private Message, reply when you can.

Palmira
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

This device was purchased in 2014, I believe. I know it is eligible to be unlocked. When I purchased a new phone to replace this HTC M8 in November 2017, I called customer service to get the HTC M8 unlocked and they told me at that time that it was done. However, all they did was give me the MSL code, which is useless for this particular phone because the phone will never prompt you to put in the MSL code.

Journeyman

Hello.

i have a question...i bought few years ago a sprint brandet phone from a friend...and i would ask if it possible to unbrand it to use another carrier sim card?

my phone is a HTC One m8

Sorry for my bad english but i'm from germany.

Best regards Johan

GrandMaster

unfortunately the person you purchased it from must be the one to contact Sprint to get it unlocked. its a security deal. when they contact them you must make sure your phone still has the Sprint sim card in it, that its turned on (and plugged in charging) and that its connected to wifi so it can receive the signal. 

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community Manager

Not necessarily true, Fireguy.  We can unlock the SIM if you know the first and last name of the Sprint account holder who last used the phone on our network.

You are correct that we do need the Sprint SIM attached.  We also may have a big problem if the phone is in Germany.  Jojan, it would be helpful if you can follow up with us about each of these matters.

SeaWolf
Sprint Community Manager & Customer Advocate
Captain of the Vicious Cream-puff
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

Journeyman

Hi i have Sam problem i i use device in Egypt good when i go to oman cantry work for one monthe and stop please i ned help

GrandMaster

is it saying that its locked back to Sprint or what exactly is it saying?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat