Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC One selects 3G instead of 4G - Even when there is 4G and it's strong

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

HTC One selects 3G instead of 4G - Even when there is 4G and it's strong

I am not sure if others have seen this or not but originally I thought it was just in my area Raleigh/Durham (New LTE coming on line) since new towers were going up.  I would get 4G it would be strong and then the next day no 4G there.  Same thing again and again in that area.  Then I went to a more mature market which already had 4G up for a while and same issue.  As I observed it closer I saw that it would randomly switch from 4G to 3G even though I had really good signal.  Has anyone else seen this?  What I really want and expect is that if there is 4G available and it's good then don't go to 3G unless i loose it all together. 

Anyone have advise on how to address this?

Thanks

24 REPLIES 24
Highlighted
Journeyman

It is clear what you're saying halcyoncmdr123, but in my case the latest software update (4.06.651.9) killed my 4G network in addition to a terrible  battery life. You can call it a coincidence if you like, but  it is very obvious to me that it had happen immediately after an update, where 4G network always been strong and consistent!

Highlighted
GrandMaster

turn off your connections optimizer..restart the phone..double check that the optimizer is turned off..then test the phone again.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Master

Vman96 We do thank you for your patience. Sprint and HTC are working on getting this issue resolved. Thank you. Fernendez Sprint Social Care Team
Highlighted
Journeyman

The optimizer was turned off from the day one and still is. Everything possible was done to the the phone to restore it functions to prior that update. There are some minor improvements. So I just wait for a new update with hope

Highlighted
GrandMaster

keep randomly checking for this update that is available today to manually search. OTA kicks it out on the 3rd of next month. im hoping it will have some other random fixes that they havent mentioned.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
GrandMaster

also for what its worth i ran into the battery life deal with that update as well..but i let the battery fully die on me as in no matter how many times i hit the power button it wasnt going to happen..let it sit like that for about 10ish minutes then i went ahead and fully charged it back up..soon as it had enough juice to power it i went for it and let it charge..havent seen the issue since.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Installed the latest software update yesterday and now I can see definite battery life improvement. Not sure however what signal strength indicator signifies. It barely shows two bars on 3G network, but during a call all six of them lit up and stay that way until the end of call. Strange behaver thought. Generally pleased with an update!

Highlighted
GrandMaster

yah its still showing your data signal strength. once you make a call your data signal drops then you see your voice signal strength. update beware though..not a big ordeal but we lost quite a few of the ring tones so it might have changed up a few on you..might want to double check them and reset a few since the ones it auto put me on where pretty quiet

Highlighted
Master

Vman96,

The previous response is correct. I'm glad to hear you are pleased with the update.

Crystal
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes, I am aware of the ring tones, but it is what it is!  Also I noticed when on call, internal volume been reduced some. Use to be in the middle, now it's almost at the the end of the range. Not a biggie, just observation. 

Highlighted
GrandMaster

i have yet to make a phone call on my phone since updating last night..i'll have to double check that one..

Highlighted
Journeyman

Do you have the release number to the s/w update? I had the same problem and sent the phone to HTC. When I get it back I would like to see what s/w release is on the phone.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat