cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC U11 Pie Update

Journeyman

HTC U11 Pie Update

HTC U11 unlocked version received an update to Android Pie on Tuesday, May 28th. Will the Sprint version of the U11 receive an update in near future? Will we ever get VoLTE?

9 REPLIES 9
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: HTC U11 Pie Update

At this time, I don't have the release date for the update. VoLTE is released by area. 

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Journeyman

In the specs on HTC's website for the Sprint version it supports VoLTE and I'm in the Chicago market. But, no VoLTE.

Howdy thesmtshow. Give me a just a couple mins to look into that area and that phone. 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.

After checking this area and this phone, I see that VoLTE should be available in the Chicago area. I'm also not seeing this device listed at one that is compatible with VoLTE. 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Journeyman

So does this mean I'll never get VoLTE on the U11?

It just means that at this time the U11 hasn't been fully tested and enabled on the network for VoLTE. We don't have a particular date to know exactly when the U11 will be ready to go for VoLTE, but we are working on adding more devices all the time. 

"Hail Yourself!" - Ben Kissel

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes I would like to know if the Pi is going to be updated for the sprint u11?

Hi there. Typically when Android updates are made, the manufacturers have to develop a version of the Android update for Sprint to make sure that 1) the update doesn't do anything goofy to the manufacturers implementations in Android and 2) doesn't negatively impact the phone on the Sprint network. At this point we don't have any additional info to share on an ETA or if this is even going to be made available from HTC. 

"Hail Yourself!" - Ben Kissel

Journeyman

So in other words HTC is not doing crap for the sprint HTC u11..

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat