cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home button not working properly after 6.16.651.2 update

Go to solution
Journeyman

Home button not working properly after 6.16.651.2 update

Since I did the update when I double tap on the home button I no longer get the recent apps list, also swiping up no longer opens Google Now either. Has anyone else run into this?  I've already cycled power a couple of times and cleared partition cache.  I have not done a full reset of the phone yet as I haven't finished backing up everything off of it.

5 REPLIES 5
GrandMaster

Re: Home button not working properly after 6.16.651.2 update

the recent apps deal is still there but it shows it differently now. to switch back to how it used to look like double tap the home button and when it pulls up the rolladex looking apps list at the top right you'll see the 3 dots..click that and then click settings..you want the layout option to go back to grid view instead of card view.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Master

Conwaymm - We're definitely sorry for these issues. The changes may be part of the recent update, but a full reset would be recommended. - Indie
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

fireguy_6364 when I double tap nothing happens so I don't even have the ability to get to the settings you are referring to.  I'll try a full reset and see if that fixes it.

Journeyman

Finally did a factory reset and that fixed the issue.

GrandMaster

BOOM!! the update went funky on you is what happened..this is usually what many people see after a update..sometimes it just doesnt load right

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat