Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lollipop Update discussion and problems

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Lollipop Update discussion and problems

Updated this morning. Overall it runs well and very smooth. Two issues. One is major.

1) Battery drain - It took almost an hour to download and install. battery went from 100 to 75%. Then as I was updating apps and looking around, it went from 75% to 7% in a matter of 15 minutes, event though it was on the charger. What is causing such a large and quick battery drain?

2) Qualcomm Location finder. Why does this come on every time the phone restarts? I should be able to click or unclick and be done with it. How can I make this stop?

52 REPLIES 52
Master

Re: Lollipop Update discussion and problems

BALANSBOY1, I will be more than happy to answer your questions. I would like to know what device do you have? I would suggest after an update power cycle your device off and on. Also make sure you close any unnecessary background application you may have running. - Dillon
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Hi Dillon. I have the HTC One M7. (I hate to sound rude, but this is the HTC One section and the M7 is the only one being updated today so I assumed that part was obvious). Phone is starting to charge slowly now instead of draining. maybe a couple of charging cycles and it will be okay. I have restarted my phone several times and closed all apps.

Journeyman

Since updating (which ran my battery from about 90 down to about 20), I can't sign in to my wifi at work. I used to get a web page to sign in to but now I get the wifi sign-in required screen and its just blank (no fields) but at the bottom says Enter your name and password to connect to this network.

screenshot attached

GrandMaster

actually its not..the S5 is getting a update today as well.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
GrandMaster

5.  Re: Where is the Lollipop update for Galaxy S5?

smotrs Master

Yep, verified by Samsung, see here for more information,

Lollipop to be made available tomorrow, 15/02/05

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Master

That is actually incorrect, both the HTC ONE and Samsung SG5 both got final approval and are being released today. See the post references which quotes straight from Sammy as well as provides a link.

Good day for Sprint users. :-)

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

I have an M7 and have updated and have repeated issues with HTC messenger it is laggy or it freezes when attempting to use the onscreen stock keyboard. Requiring a total restart to make the phone usable again.

Journeyman

But this discussion is in the HTC One forum, not the Samsung forum.

Journeyman

True, my wife's G5 is being updated as we speak. But, This is the HTC One section and the M7 is the only "One" being updated today. M8 is supposed to be next week.

Master

BALANSBOY1,

I would do this over night. Darin the battery completely during the day and then charge overnight. This may help stabilize the battery.

- Paida
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Charging eventually comes back.  I've read comments from balansboy on androidcentral that his did also.  Mine actually went from about 20% to dead while turned off and plugged into a charger after the update was done.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat