Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lollipop Update discussion and problems

Go to solution
Master

Re: Lollipop Update discussion and problems

PM sent.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

I'm having issues with apps when using Wi-Fi. Sprint Zone, some media and messaging apps don't connect to the internet on my HTC One m7. They work on my other Lollipop devices. Hard started many times. And did reinstallation. No joy. Thoughts?

Master

dkf15,

I understand how frustrating this can be. Are you able to use the data without Wi-Fi? How long has this been an issue for you? Let me know, I'm here to help.

- Lashawn
Sprint Social Care
Master

Can you Disable the Qualcomm Location service under Settings > Apps > All ?

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
GrandMaster

the lock screen is all borked up now..the music player is also changed through the lock screen..not a fan...there arent even any lock screen options anymore like there used to be.

Racingrocks wrote:

how do I access the lockscreen HTC  clock/Weather widget ? I was able to do this on kit Kat but not now. Even a drag or a tap on the lockscreen widget doesn't do anything.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Are you kidding SprintCare? An update to software and now an app doesn't work and your suggestion is to take it to a repair location.  That's pathethic.

GrandMaster

yah because its way easy to diagnose something over the phone or computer rather than having it right in front of someone..not sure what that agent was thinking...geeze.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Yeah because the guy or girl at my local Sprint location knows all about how each specific app works with lollipop and can fix the app there. It's an app that started misbehaving after after a software update. The only thing they will do at Sprint is hard reset it and hope for the best. Something you can easily tell someone to do in a forum.

GrandMaster

*sigh*

taking it into a repair center does 2 things..a tech can physically have it in their hands and see the issue..they THEN are able to report what they are seeing and what was attempted to fix the issue...since this is a app issue that came about with LP then shockingly when they report it they start building up a case of multiple reports within the system..which can then be sent in to HTC or whomever..you picking up what im putting down yet?

Journeyman

Then you have much better Sprint centers than we do. If I walked in with a bad app after a software update they would do exactly what I said before (hard reset) and send you down the road fixed or not with the instructions, wait on an update. How would that be any better than telling me to do an hard reset and them reply back with whether it fixed it or not. Then they document it from the reply without me having to drive 15 minutes to a Sprint store and stand around while they do what I can do at home? Get me yet?

Master

They all do a hard reset in most instances. This is on purpose. If the tech does a HR, they also log it in the system along with the problem. If the problem persists, they can look in the system and see that there is a pattern. At which point, the problem is escalated.

They don't do a HR for the heck of it, there is a reason.

--

GrandMaster

as long as you actually go into a repair store and not one that only sells phones then yes..its kind of their job to do this lol.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat