cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lollipop Update discussion and problems

Go to solution
GrandMaster

Re: Lollipop Update discussion and problems

im noticing a really bad lag when you go in to manually update your profile..as in it does nothing for a while...so like most people you click it a couple more times...then it randomly starts up but also remembers you clicked it multiple times so it notifies you of this lol. the PRL update seems to push through just fine without any lag to it though.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Master

I know you tend to shy away from hard resetting, was that the case here? When I updated the OS, first thing it did was tell me how many apps it was updating. I didn't have ALLOT of apps, but it reported 1 of 435. When I did the hard reset, it reported 1 of 275. I know I didn't have 160 apps installed, maybe 30 tops. So there is other stuff going on.

My point is, even though I had only about 30 apps, there was 435 (160 3rd party) things that could potentially be having an issue and slowing things down.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
GrandMaster

dont think thats it though..everything else is working smoothly and quickly..only noticeable lag is in the profile update..PRL works just as quick as it used to..

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Master

Ok, I see your point there, I miss understood from the previous post. That doesn't make allot of sense. Gonna go do mine right now

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Master

Mind you, different phone. Profile dialog showed up immediately, 20 seconds later it completes and reboots.

PRL was the same, minus the reboot.

--

Master

Ok. I found a work around regarding playing music with a screen lock in place.

If you have a location set or a device set add a Trusted Source, then it will go straight into the music app. Untrusted, requires unlock mechanism.

I'm still playing around, but that's what I got so far.

--

Master

Also, Google really blew it in regards to the Recent Apps, Card View. Portrait, I have absolutely no problem, however, landscape mode? Seriously, they blew it.

For instance, here is the card view for Portrait and Landscape,

Screenshot_2015-02-11-18-30-23.png

Screenshot_2015-02-11-18-30-39.png

Now here is how it should have been, example is Chrome web browser,

Screenshot_2015-02-11-18-31-35.png

Screenshot_2015-02-11-18-31-49.png

--

GrandMaster

what do you mean by a location set or a device set add a trusted source? do you mean trust agents in the settings-security-trust agents area?

Master

On the M8 I have the following,

Settings > Security > Smart Lock

Screenshot_2015-02-12-08-33-12.png Screenshot_2015-02-12-08-33-24.png

Everything I've read says this will be part of Lollipop, so it shouldn't be device specific.

--

GrandMaster

i had to manually turn on smart lock under settings-advanced-trust agents..then fully back out of security then back in..but even with that im not seeing how any of the options in there will allow me to use the music player without the other way without having to fully unlock my screen.

Master

Did you add any trusted sources like I show? Soon as I added home and work, launched music player and turned off display. When I tapped on the screen, I saw the music app, double tapped that and it opened right up.

--

GrandMaster

let the screen fully lock then attempt it again. basically what is needed here is what apps have full access while the screen is locked..i can pull up my camera with the lock screen still active but cant view the pics without unlocking first..something along these lines of what needs to be protected while locked and what doesnt.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat