cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lollipop Update discussion and problems

Go to solution
GrandMaster

Re: Lollipop Update discussion and problems

i'll post my view when i can get a moment to mess with my phone without getting in trouble lol..i'll show the 2 options..first will be what you get while the screen is actually locked..the other is what you get when you slide the music player down while the screen isnt locked yet..that second one is the one that needs full access that others are talking about.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Master

What do you have for, "When device is locked"?

Settings > Sound and Notification > Notification section > When device is locked

There should be three options, Show All, Hide Sensitive and Don't Show.

I have Show All set on mine.

Also, you can customize every app at the following,

Settings > Sound and Notification > Notification section > App notifications

Look for Google Play Music to customize it.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
GrandMaster

its not the google play music player..its the stock music player..as if i would pay $9 a month to listen to music lol..i have about 400 songs saved to my phone so i use the stock music player for this..i think thats what the other poster was talking about as well..not the google one.

that option is new through app notifications..so im trying that one first but keeping the "when device is locked" set to hide sensitive notifications content...if that doesnt work i'll switch to show all but would rather keep my texts and whatnot hidden or it kind of defeats the purpose of the pw lock screen lol.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
GrandMaster

still same scenario..so basically what im looking to figure out is how to allow certain apps to have access even though the lock screen is active. same as how the camera can bypass the lock screen and work but if you want to go any further in you have to actually unlock the phone..same with the stock music app. cant seem to find how to allow it. scratch that..it allows it to be used while the screen is locked but not the secondary part that gives you the other options..ss to come.

GrandMaster

ok so this is how it needs to be done. settings-when device is locked-show all notification content. then you must go into app notifications and change the app notifications for whichever app you DONT want spilling anything onto your lock screen without it being unlocked. so basically you have to turn sensitive to on for each app you dont want blasting stuff on your lock screen. so in my case things like handcent, yahoo mail and fb messanger are marked as sensitive. im testing now to see if it still shows i received a notification but doesnt show the content or not..

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat