New Features & Bugs in KitKat

Go to solution
Journeyman

New Features & Bugs in KitKat

Well after downloading this is what I've noticed so far:

New Weather screen for stock weather widget

Battery Icon is now all white

Ability to turn off Blinkfeed

Can now add a 6th screen(If you include Blinkfeed)

New HTC Icons in App Drawer for Apps and Backup

New Drive Icon in App Drawer(Widget & Shortcut as well)

New Automatic Connections after tapping Mobile Data

...More, NFC, ON, Tap & Pay

Location has a new, Mode Button

Tapping Storage, make more space, has no finish button.

New Printing(Cloud) option under settings

What am I missing?

Message was edited by: kenjag1:

New style Multitasking screen

Message was edited by: kenjag1:

Stay Awake While Charging option in Developer Options

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Wizard

Yeah it checks for updates when you plug your phone into your PC.

View solution in original post

133 REPLIES 133
Highlighted
Journeyman

I don't have developer options after updating anymore. They replaced it with the cloud print.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I don't have developer options after updating anymore. They replaced it with the cloud print.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Never mind. Found a way to reactivate it. For some reason, it's not just there as it was before kit Kat.

You have to go into about, software info, more, and then tap build number seven times.

Highlighted
Master

kenjag1,

Thanks for the post. When did you get KITKAT? Im hearing other customers saying they are still waiting. Was this OTA or did you have to look it up in settings update?

Victor

Sprint Social Care

Highlighted
Journeyman

I looked it up in settings, system updates, then HTC software update, check now. There doesn't seem to be any bugs that I have found. Keeping fingers crossed! There is also a HTC Sync Manager driver update(1.7.16.0) for those that use it. This is found by plugging your phone into your computer and going to the HTC Sync Manager (Must have downloaded first) then it will ask you to update.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Successfully upgraded to Kit Kat- Purple Camera Haze still persistent (Changed ISO to 100 decrease Low Light Purple Haze).

Highlighted
Wizard

You need to Email HTC this sounds like a hardware issue with your device same goes for anyone else with this issue.

Contact Us - EMAIL SUPPORT

Highlighted
Wizard

Yeah it checks for updates when you plug your phone into your PC.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Journeyman

Got my update as well and am having problems with wifi access ... tried restarting and nada ... another bug that needs to be fixed. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Try going to Settings, Mobile Data, Automatic Connections, and then un-check the box. Turn WiFi off then on again. See if this works.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Still nothing .... I see it scanning and making attempts to connect but fails to do so.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat