Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

New Features & Bugs in KitKat

Well after downloading this is what I've noticed so far:

New Weather screen for stock weather widget

Battery Icon is now all white

Ability to turn off Blinkfeed

Can now add a 6th screen(If you include Blinkfeed)

New HTC Icons in App Drawer for Apps and Backup

New Drive Icon in App Drawer(Widget & Shortcut as well)

New Automatic Connections after tapping Mobile Data

...More, NFC, ON, Tap & Pay

Location has a new, Mode Button

Tapping Storage, make more space, has no finish button.

New Printing(Cloud) option under settings

What am I missing?

Message was edited by: kenjag1:

New style Multitasking screen

Message was edited by: kenjag1:

Stay Awake While Charging option in Developer Options

133 REPLIES 133
Highlighted
Journeyman

I also noticed that my WiFi connection is stable. Right after upgrading to 4.3, it would drop randomly at random times. Even did a FR and nothing. With kit Kat, my WiFi hasn't dropped at all. It's awesome.

Also noticed that there have been a HUGE addition to the emoticons. It's very similar to the iPhone. It's great. That was so needed.

I do miss the old news and weather widget.

The Sprint connections optimizer isn't bad. I'm glad you can turn it off if you desired.

I do wish there were more customizations for the HTC sense keyboard. Hopefully in the future, HTC will give themes for it.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Do a FR. as long as you backup using the HTC backup, it'll go rather smoothly.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Good catch GhostBlonde! Have you seen the new Gallery?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I know this is basic advice, but I will assume you to be on the new update (4.06.651.4) and there is at least one other device, that is connected to your WiFi, and working properly. If so turn WiFi off, check box for Automatic Connections, restart phone, turn WiFi on. See if this helps.

Highlighted
Wizard

FYI Ok one thing I know that I noticed that was put in with this KitKat update that Sprint put in as well is "Mobile Network Settings its "Automatic Connections" which looks like it will connect you to a WiFi if your having data connection issues. I would recommend having this off due to it will not inter-fer with your data connection it looks like this is a band-aid effect for Sprint to get you to use your Wifi instead of their network when really should Not have to do this. The way they should be addressing this is to just get their networks up and working properly and run fiber to their towers and due away with copper.. . Anyway make sure to check that setting. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yeah, the new gallery is strange. I really don't like the new setup.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Ah, good to know. I unchecked it earlier.

Highlighted
Journeyman

In addition to checking it, I disabled it. I figure if it's for the reason you're stating and it wasn't there before the update, there should be no harm in stopping it.

I also noticed that even having it unchecked, it still ran in the background. I know it was collecting data. I think that it may have some minor use but it seems to be more for collecting data usage.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Did all the suggestions here and even reset the phone .... so far so bad ... I'll keep working on it to see if there's anything that'll get the wifi up and running.

Highlighted
Journeyman

As far as the new gallery, after playing with it for a long while I discovered some pretty cool features like the ease of putting together video highlights. For me, it's hard to embrace change but often when I do I end up liking the new better.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Just discovered that besides having tons of new emoticons, when you go to send a new message, if you click on the add attachment icon (paperclip), then Drawing, clicking on the palette at the top of the page brings up a tool that you can use to create a personalized picture, that you can send someone. Pretty Cool!

Highlighted
Journeyman

jonbunyan, i was having the same problem all you have to do is unplug your wifi router for a minute or two and it will work, it is not your phone.Hope this help.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat