Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Features & Bugs in KitKat

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: New Features & Bugs in KitKat

When you are sending a text, if you press the attachment icon (paperclip) there is now an option to attach a drawing to a text.

Also, if you swipe to the left near the top of the screen, there are lock screen widgets now (whatever widgets are on your home screens)

Journeyman

It's pretty cool but very limited to which widgets.

I noticed that you have to reset up your HTCbackup . So be aware of that.

Journeyman

When you are on a phone call now, there is a nice little contact picture. Not a huge deal, but much better than the grainy picture (which is still there)

Screenshot_2014-02-02-18-04-12.png

Journeyman

Anyone else notice their notification led no longer go off when there's a notification, even when its all checked?

Journeyman

I can't seem to reproduce that small contact pic by calling from 2 different phones. I did get rid of that graining effect by deleting and then adding the same picture. Not much fun but worth it.

Journeyman

I just checked and mine is working, but I had to turn off another application, Dynamic Notifications, for it to work. There may be an application your using that causes this.

Journeyman

I have no notification applications. I'm gonna do a FT. It's so strange. Now, at eightperfcent battery, the led light is blinking . So I know it works. I have no idea what could be causing this.

Journeyman

Nope. Still not working. And the reset didn't install all my apps.

Notification lights not working on any notification. Not for phone calls, apps, mail, only for low battery and to show its charging.

What's going on?

Journeyman

I know I'm posting A LOT here but I figured something out.

I did a FR reset with backing up my settings and another starting fresh...just to make sure.

A weird but understandable new feature is how LED notifications work, now.

When you're using the phone, actively, even when the screen is on, unlocked, if you get an incoming whatever, the light won't pop up. BUT when the screen is locked (black), that's when the LED will pop up.

I tested it myself at least three times.

I guess they figure if the screen is unlocked, no need for an LED to alert you of something you've already seen.

Personally, I'm not a fan of this. I liked having the LED go off no matter what.

Does anyone have a way for an unrooted phone to set the LED to go off no matter what? I really don't want to download a separate notification app.

Journeyman

Wow GhostBlonde you are tenacious! Nice going. I wish I could help you but I can't think of anything without the use of an app. I just discovered the circle that forms around the stock music player pause button when you begin to play a song. I don't remember it being there before.

Journeyman

Another thing to note, for HTC backups, you can choose to use Google Drive now, instead of Dropbox being the only choice.

Also you can pick and choose icons in the dashboard.

Journeyman

Not sure what icons you're talking about. Do you mean the dashboard in the SprintZone? Please elaborate.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat