Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

New Features & Bugs in KitKat

Well after downloading this is what I've noticed so far:

New Weather screen for stock weather widget

Battery Icon is now all white

Ability to turn off Blinkfeed

Can now add a 6th screen(If you include Blinkfeed)

New HTC Icons in App Drawer for Apps and Backup

New Drive Icon in App Drawer(Widget & Shortcut as well)

New Automatic Connections after tapping Mobile Data

...More, NFC, ON, Tap & Pay

Location has a new, Mode Button

Tapping Storage, make more space, has no finish button.

New Printing(Cloud) option under settings

What am I missing?

Message was edited by: kenjag1:

New style Multitasking screen

Message was edited by: kenjag1:

Stay Awake While Charging option in Developer Options

133 REPLIES 133
Highlighted
Journeyman

Has anyone else noticed a lower in-call volume after the update? I feel I am struggling to hear everyone I talk to. This was not the case before I decided to do the update.

Highlighted
Master

CSpivak,

Thanks for posting above. Please keep us posted should you have any additional questions and/or concerns regarding the new software update.

Thank You,

DePaul W.

Sprint Social Care Team 

Highlighted
Journeyman

So, the only way I know how to raise the in call volume is to turn it up, only when your on a call, using the rockers. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Highlighted
Journeyman

My in-call volume tells me it's maxed out, but I can barely hear.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Do you have any other Volume control apps installed that may be interfering?

Message was edited by: kenjag1

I was wondering if you use Google Voice because I just heard there might be an issue with it at the moment.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

for what it worth you can shut down blinkfeed but its still not removable..still taking up a page...shoot...i was hoping we could finally get rid of that thing.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

Sorry fireguy_6364, but I just long pressed on my screen and made sure the Blinkfeed box was highlighted (Blue square around it), turned off Blinkfeed and it's gone.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

as in you can put whatever you want on that page now or its still dedicated to blinkfeed but now its not running anymore?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

Not visible, gone completely, and you now have the ability to add another blank screen, with or without Blinkfeed on at the opposite end of the page scroll.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

got it that time..i was missing the long press on any blank part of any screen part lol...long press pulls up the windows..top left will be blink feed off/on...hit it and turn it off and whalla..gone..

Highlighted
Journeyman

Negative. No other volume control apps.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sorry I can't be more help, but other than just restarting your phone, updating your profile or doing a HTC backup, I'm out of ideas. If this just started happening after the update, the last resort would be a complete reset, which I don't recommend until you get some other solutions.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat