Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

New Features & Bugs in KitKat

Well after downloading this is what I've noticed so far:

New Weather screen for stock weather widget

Battery Icon is now all white

Ability to turn off Blinkfeed

Can now add a 6th screen(If you include Blinkfeed)

New HTC Icons in App Drawer for Apps and Backup

New Drive Icon in App Drawer(Widget & Shortcut as well)

New Automatic Connections after tapping Mobile Data

...More, NFC, ON, Tap & Pay

Location has a new, Mode Button

Tapping Storage, make more space, has no finish button.

New Printing(Cloud) option under settings

What am I missing?

Message was edited by: kenjag1:

New style Multitasking screen

Message was edited by: kenjag1:

Stay Awake While Charging option in Developer Options

133 REPLIES 133
Highlighted
Journeyman

So, I see you can add lock screen notifications under the security option in settings. This will show texts, emails, missed calls, voicemails, etc. on the lock screen and include previews for each. However, I can't seem to get Hangouts SMS (awesome feature by the way) or chat notifications to display on the lock screen. Gmail notifications are not showing up either. I guess my question is, do these lock screen notifications only work for the stock messaging and email apps?

EDIT: I realize Gmail and Hangouts are technically stock Google apps. By stock I mean the HTC sense mail and messaging apps.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

has anyone else noticed a change up with the in call volume? i have yet to make/receive a call since i updated so im of no use here so far..actually i'll test in a sec by calling my bank..back in a bit with what i see.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
GrandMaster

i noticed the slightest of in call volume change...but then i also noticed the volume was only set at 3/4 volume lol..so im going to say that its a bit less than it was prior but i didnt have any issues with hearing anything..maxed out or at 3/4 the volume..one thing they might try is to just run the phone until its completely dead...as in fully dead..leave it like that for maybe 10 minutes or so then go ahead and fully charge it back up..this is the only true way this phone can attempt a power cycle/battery pull..see if this fixes the issue or not..the long press of the power button is a simulated battery pull but it doesnt power it down long enough to do what the original battery pull did.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

I just tried and I did not get a notification on my lock screen either from Gmail. I use a third party app that takes care of that for me.

Highlighted
Journeyman

May I ask what third party app you are using? I can't seem to find one that displays notifications on the first page of the lock screen. I have to swipe over to one of the widget pages.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I use Dynamic Notifications which can be used as a new lock screen or just to notify you of any type of notifications. It is highly configurable and may seem complicated at first, but once it's set to your liking, you'll never have to play with it again.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Maybe I'm the only one, but I find the inability to add widgets to the top lock screen tile (the one with the standard Sense clock at the bottom) to be quite annoying. Widgets are significantly less useful if you have to swipe over to view them. Is this really how it works now, or am I missing something?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I stated in another post how now it only lights up if the screen is locked/black. If you're active on the phone, it won't light up. Weird New feature.

Oh silly Sprint, read the thread

And I haven't noticed my call volume low. But I don't have it on very loud to begin with.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Not sure this is what you mean but, if you drag your finger left, right below where it says Sprint on the top middle of the screen, you can add 4 widgets that way by clicking on the plus sign and swipe up to remove them. Please correct me if this is not what you meant.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

they should see some small arrows kind of blinking and pointing to the left towards the top right of the screen.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Has anyone messed with the emoji's? I have them and they show up fine on my phone, but when i send them to someone with an iphone, they show up with the weird letters or just a blank text. I thought 4.4 added emoji support, like cross-OS emoji support. I dont want to download a bunch of apps to see which one will send actual emojis.

Also, emoji's are on the bottom left of your keyboard. hold the "123" button, and they'll show up.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Alex, I read in a forum last year about this issue. It's really an ios thing. Apple purposely changed their coding to not recognize Android emoji. A lot of people were not pleased.

So I wouldn't blame android. Unless Apple enables their coding to show Android emotions, it'll always be that way.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat