Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

New Features & Bugs in KitKat

Well after downloading this is what I've noticed so far:

New Weather screen for stock weather widget

Battery Icon is now all white

Ability to turn off Blinkfeed

Can now add a 6th screen(If you include Blinkfeed)

New HTC Icons in App Drawer for Apps and Backup

New Drive Icon in App Drawer(Widget & Shortcut as well)

New Automatic Connections after tapping Mobile Data

...More, NFC, ON, Tap & Pay

Location has a new, Mode Button

Tapping Storage, make more space, has no finish button.

New Printing(Cloud) option under settings

What am I missing?

Message was edited by: kenjag1:

New style Multitasking screen

Message was edited by: kenjag1:

Stay Awake While Charging option in Developer Options

133 REPLIES 133
Highlighted
GrandMaster

not to mention is it really life or death if the emoji doesnt work? lol

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

I was actually referring to the fact that you have to swipe over to even view a widget on the lock screen. Not being able to place a widget on the first page of the lock screen that displays when you turn the screen on pretty much defeats the purpose of having widgets on the lock screen in the first place. You might as well just unlock the phone. Not sure HTC really thought that one through.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I understand what you mean, to each his own. I never have a use for a lock screen, so it doesn't really matter to me. BTW, I really like all the great new features with Sense 5.5, after playing around with it for the last couple of days. Looking forward to 6.0!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Agreed about the new features. I didn't mean to sound like a whiner about the lock screen, I just thought it was odd and awkward. After the update my phone is running extra smooth and I'm getting noticeably improved battery life. No real complaints.

Highlighted
Journeyman

No problem, I didn't take you for one, just thought you were expressing your opinion, like the rest of us on here. Glad you like the update, me too. Everything is running smooth!

Highlighted
GrandMaster

it would seem with the new lock screen you can no longer use a different wallpaper on it..either that or im not finding where to change it back again..i had a lock screen wallpaper and then my main screen wallpaper was different..

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

You are correct. It seems Sense 5.5 removed all options for customizing the lock screen which, while being a minor change, I find quite strange.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I did notice that as well. I also see a new field under Settings, Personalize, Home Screen. I'm pretty sure that wasn't there before. When you click it HTC Sense pops up, but you can't turn it off. I wonder if that's related in some way or just preparing for another update?

Highlighted
GrandMaster

agreed...took me a bit to realize it wasnt just me and not remembering how to get in there and fix it lol...i kind of liked that option..oh well..actually now that im thinking about it i cant find the options for the lock screens or anything..before there were multiple options you could use for that main lock screen..im not seeing them anymore..odd

Highlighted
Journeyman

Settings, Security, Screen Lock, enter a code, then you will see the options.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

thats where i went...before you had multiple screen locks and or options for the starting window..apps on it..etc...im not seeing that anymore...for what its worth im checking out the face recognition lock..see if i like it or not.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hm. That is interesting. Maybe it has something to do with switching between launchers. 3rd party launchers like Nova or GoLauncher may show up there if you download them???

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat