Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

New Features & Bugs in KitKat

Well after downloading this is what I've noticed so far:

New Weather screen for stock weather widget

Battery Icon is now all white

Ability to turn off Blinkfeed

Can now add a 6th screen(If you include Blinkfeed)

New HTC Icons in App Drawer for Apps and Backup

New Drive Icon in App Drawer(Widget & Shortcut as well)

New Automatic Connections after tapping Mobile Data

...More, NFC, ON, Tap & Pay

Location has a new, Mode Button

Tapping Storage, make more space, has no finish button.

New Printing(Cloud) option under settings

What am I missing?

Message was edited by: kenjag1:

New style Multitasking screen

Message was edited by: kenjag1:

Stay Awake While Charging option in Developer Options

133 REPLIES 133
Highlighted
Journeyman

Maybe some one will chime in. Looking at you SprintCare.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

face unlock test ruling..it b Lows and i wont be using it again anytime soon lol...

end of face unlock test ruling/

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

I also noticed flash player is no longer on the phone.

Not that I used it, but it was nice to have the option. I know HTC was one of the few to have flash.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes flash will be missed, but too many vulnerabilities. Everyone going to HTML5. Now is a good time to start using Chrome more, because that was the biggest advantage.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

personally i love chrome..i have it sync'd up with my laptop...works like a charm..sadly i dont use my laptop nearly as much as i should...but walking into the next room to get it compared to just picking up my phone .....yah...i take the lazy route.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

You know the all the new emoticons we received with this new update, well it turns out that, when I text my friend on her HTC LTE 4g running 4.2.2, she only sees about 1/2 of them, and the ones she does are a charcoal color, not the nice colors we see. It would seem that both phones would have to be running 4.4 in order to enjoy them at their fullest. Just saying...

Highlighted
Journeyman

FYI, I installed the Nexus 5's fantastic Google Experience Launcher (now called Google Now Launcher, I believe) onto my One last night and I noticed it showed up in the new "Home Screen" section under Personalize in settings. So, it appears that option is, in fact, used to toggle between different launchers.

Highlighted
Master

GhostBlonde,

Thank you for posting and providing us some feedback in regards to the  flash player option. For trouble-shooting tips check out: http://bit.ly/1eue12e  If you have any questions or require assistance please feel free to post and let us know.

Lucia

Social Care

Highlighted
GrandMaster

to be honest i dont use the stock texting app..i run handcent..i like the ability to change up each persons notification to something different..the visual text that pops up at the top as well..colors etc..at a quick glance i know who it is just by the colors alone

Highlighted
Journeyman

I noticed something odd.

Sometimes, on its own, when the phone is turned back on, the WiFi will be "off."

No idea why it does this. And I have no thirdparty wifi apps.

It's not a huge deal but it only started happening with the new update. Anyone else experience this?

Highlighted
Journeyman

So I posted this to the other thread, but my battery is draining more quickly before Kitkat. Down to 53% after taking it off the charger at 7am. So that's about a solid 2 hours and 45 minutes. Tried draining the battery completely, and then recharging to 100%. Then I tried the factory reset. No dice on both of these. And no, I will not disable syncing, GPS, or any of the other things I used to be able to run prior to Kitkat without these battery issues. If I wanted a crippled phone, I wouldn't have an HTC One.

Now, my texts are not working. I use the stock app and I can't send a receive texts. The only way is for me to text is to use the SMS option with the Google Hangouts app or Google Voice.

I'm not going to go nuts and say this is frustrating, but it's kind of annoying.

Highlighted
Journeyman

That is definitely not normal. My battery life has improved significantly since the update.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat