Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

New Features & Bugs in KitKat

Well after downloading this is what I've noticed so far:

New Weather screen for stock weather widget

Battery Icon is now all white

Ability to turn off Blinkfeed

Can now add a 6th screen(If you include Blinkfeed)

New HTC Icons in App Drawer for Apps and Backup

New Drive Icon in App Drawer(Widget & Shortcut as well)

New Automatic Connections after tapping Mobile Data

...More, NFC, ON, Tap & Pay

Location has a new, Mode Button

Tapping Storage, make more space, has no finish button.

New Printing(Cloud) option under settings

What am I missing?

Message was edited by: kenjag1:

New style Multitasking screen

Message was edited by: kenjag1:

Stay Awake While Charging option in Developer Options

133 REPLIES 133
Highlighted
Journeyman

Sorry to hear that. It is so sad that this company doesn't care all they do is talk and take people's money. I would fight to get out of their plan. I would sue. I would file a complaint to the FCC  ( it is so easy, but we need to do it for the sake of the good people of America and to make us all safe .. go here : File Complaint | FCC.gov ) . THEY NEED TO BE STOPPED FROM USING US....

TELL ALL  YOUR FRIENDS, FAMILY AND COWORKERS NOT TO USE SPRINT. LET THEM SEE HOW BAD OF A COMPANY THEY ARE. AND HOPEFULLY THEY CHANGE BECAUSE THEY ARE THE WORST PHONE COMPANY BY A MILE.

BE SAFE

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yeah, definitely not going that far... just want this either fixed or addressed.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

im guessing this would be due to the connections optimizer. turn it off...restart the phone..then check it out again..its turning it off in order to save on battery as much as it can

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
GrandMaster

why would you say what you did and quote someones post that had something positive to say about their update? spam elsewhere..youre only taking up space for those that actually DO have an issue and would like it to be fixed or just getting info...

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

I have been very busy, but just got caught up reading all the problems people are talking about before/after the recent update. I'm sure it is frustrating and I myself are experiencing some unusual battery behavior. My experience, 12 years with Sprint service and HTC devices, tells me that there will probably be a fix coming in the near future, which I know doesn't help many people right now. I read all these great suggestions on how to attempt a fix and glad I am part of a community, that is so willing to help each other out. I know I can post here and at least someone, fireguy for sure, will try and help you. I wish I could add something constructive that would help alleviate some of these issues, but I have nothing to add that hasn't been suggested before. There is one thing I would like to know, that could possible help me understand the battery issue (Discharging and Charging), and the connection issue. When you go to Power in the settings menu and click on History, it shows an indicator, among others, for Mobile network signal that varies in shading (Looks more pronounced in landscape view). Does anyone know what the difference is? If there is one, it could possibly lead me down a mathematical path, in figuring out some correlations, between the six indicators.

Highlighted
Master

Good afternoon and thank you for reaching out for assistance! Were you able to get the answer that you were looking for? If not, let me know so we can explore more troubleshooting steps.

Regards,

*Audrey

Sprint Social Care Team

Highlighted
Patron

I'm having the issue of the 3g/4g radio turning on at random times but I clearly turned it off after I use but a few hours later I found that it turned itself on somehow and drained a ton of my battery. I already looked at the connections optimizer and it was disabled. I also went to the "all apps" section and disabled it completely because it continued to run in the background even after force stopping it. I need to get fixed this ASAP. Does anyone have this problem?

Highlighted
GrandMaster

to be honest i would take it into a s&r store..without having the phone right in front of any of us that would be a hard one to figure out..

Highlighted
GrandMaster

wait you disabled the all apps section? as in sense that your phone is running on and the whole kitten kaboodle? or maybe im misunderstanding what you ment.

Highlighted
Patron

Also "android system" seems to be using more battery than ever before (in the 30-90% range.)

Highlighted
GrandMaster

those operate the majority of your phone..i would avoid disabling those...thats almost like yanking the computer system out of your car..sure the motor is what propels it but the brain is what tells it to do what..disabling the wrong thing can brick your phone..so be careful.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

my android system is currently at 53% usage..im at 40% battery life..but i have also watched netflix for a hour and MANY other things...so this is about normal for my usage..for you i would pay more more attention to the running apps than the all section..how is your reception currently..the bars now only show your data reception so we cant really read to much into that one...but still how many bars are you showing and if you try to make a call right now is it garbled? does it go through? or is it just fine?

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat