Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overheating and crashing issues????

Go to solution
Journeyman

Overheating and crashing issues????

Hey,

I got the device a while back and I found that the device has been doing a few odd things. I had the audio on a call louder that usual, they were not screaming, but I believe that one speaker was on speakerphone without it being on. I got that fixed with a factory reset, however more issues started coming. Sprint ID and Zone have crashed a lot. I did it by pressing the volume down and power button at the same time when it was off to reset it (the usual HTC Method). Is there a way to fix this?

Also, I have this weird overheating issue that occurred when I was browsing on Google Chrome. It was burning. Any solutions to that too?

I have the Black HTC One.

48 REPLIES 48
Journeyman

Re: Overheating and crashing issues????

I also have the same issues... phone overheats excessively and the speaker is super loud for no reason.

GrandMaster

Jon_H wrote:

Hey,

I got the device a while back and I found that the device has been doing a few odd things. I had the audio on a call louder that usual, they were not screaming, but I believe that one speaker was on speakerphone without it being on. I got that fixed with a factory reset, however more issues started coming. Sprint ID and Zone have crashed a lot. I did it by pressing the volume down and power button at the same time when it was off to reset it (the usual HTC Method). Is there a way to fix this?

Also, I have this weird overheating issue that occurred when I was browsing on Google Chrome. It was burning. Any solutions to that too?

I have the Black HTC One.

this would be the first i have heard of the sprint ID and zone issue. and i havent had any issues with using google with this phone and overheating. is this over wifi, 3G or 4G? figure i was on my browser for about a hour and a half last night...while charging...and the phone never heated up on me..heck i watched netflix right after that for another hour or so..no heat.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

The overheating was over wifi using google chrome, without charging. It could be because of humidity, however when I called HTC, they said that makes a small dent in that. I started using safe mode and it did improve, probably around +20 tabs and it would overheat as much as before.

Sprint ID (maybe Sprint Zone, im not sure) crashes every time an app is updated or gets installed. In some cases, it also crashes whenever it wants to.

Journeyman

If its during a call, do a master reset. They told me to do that and it stopped.

GrandMaster

to be honest i would do another FR on the phone. as usual make sure to back everything up and go for it. this should resolve the sprint zone deal. if the phone was overheating over wifi then im really not sure. you have a solid connection so its not for lack of a signal. and even with THAT many tabs open it shouldnt be having any issues. running it a bit hard but it should still keep up pretty well. normally all you would see is a bunch of lag. humidity wouldnt have anything to do with it. my home is cooled by a swamp cooler also known as a evaporative cooler..puts quite a bit of moisture in the air and i have never had any issues with any phone i have ever owned. one thing to check before hand is what all things are trying to run automatically in the background while youre doing all this? see what is consuming the most data and resources and maybe that is the cause

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I have exactly the same issue with the overheating and my Sprint Service keeps crashing.

I also have very poor data signal, often not even being connected to 3G.  Anyone else been having this issue with the phone?

GrandMaster

the data loss would be a major cause of the phone heating up in your case...the phone keeps trying to find a signal and isnt able to find one..it will keep searching until it DOES find one...this is what builds up your temp. same for your voice signal. it will heat up the phone quicker than the data loss search..its a phone after all and the voice signal is the priority

Journeyman

Is it more likely that I live in an area with zero coverage, or that there is a fault with the data antenna? 

GrandMaster

which is what i pointed out. no signal or a very poor signal will make your phone work in over time to try and find that signal. which then brings in the heating up among other things.

Journeyman

Jon_H,

Good afternoon! Thank you for reaching out to the community for assistance. Thank you to the other members of the community for their input and help. Are you still experiencing your Sprint Zone and ID crashing? Is your phone still overheating even in safe mode? Talk with you soon.

Regards,

*Audrey

Sprint Social Media Team

Journeyman

Hey Audrey,

The issue with the phone overheating is not happening often now. I tried chrome in safe mode, and it does not overheat as bad as in normal mode. Sprint ID (not sprint zone) is crashing a lot, even after this pack-thingy with sprint stuff got installed recently.

The overheating issue has been resolved, however I am slightly worried that it will come back. Ill see if it does and if it does, Ill go ahead and call HTC or something.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat