Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overheating and crashing issues????

Go to solution
Journeyman

Re: Overheating and crashing issues????

Jon_H,

Hello again! I noticed fireguy_6364 had suggested to do a factory reset on the phone to try and resolve the Sprint ID crashing. Were you able to try that yet? If you have and it still is crashing, I would suggest taking it in to a Sprint service and repair center. Do you have one in mind or would you like me to look one up for you? Let me know!

Regards,

*Audrey

Sprint Social Media Team

Journeyman

Sorry for the late response,

I dont want to reset my phone. When I got the phone, I never had the issue, however when I did a master reset, I started getting these messages (and they are still coming) that Sprint ID keeps on crashing. I dont have a TEP plan, but I have a protection plan from Best Buy (the phone was cheap from them)

GrandMaster

to be honest a reset is probably going to be the only thing to fix this. especially when it comes to something like the sprint ID having issues.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Has no one else had any issues with the Sprint Service crashing?  Mine will crash 3-6 times in the span of a minute and do this about three to four times a day.

Also, I have noticed an increase in the data signal my phone is now picking up.  Does Sprint's network have some form of device propagation that takes a few weeks or something?

GrandMaster

i havent had any issues with my One that anyone has had in here

which data signal are you seeing that has increased? only thing that would cause improvements would be to the network itself..and that can be checked by one of the techs in here by posting your zip code and the closest cross streets to the main location you hare seeing this..no physical address though.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

What form however (a master reset, or resetting it via settings)?

Journeyman

I have seen an increase in data connectivity across the board.  When I have 3G signal, it is much stronger and download times are much quicker, and the same goes for the rare occasions that I am connected to 4G.  I am beginning to be concerned with the issue of the Sprint Service crashing a few times a day, though.

GrandMaster

a full reset back to stock. make sure to fully back everything up first before doing this though. i normally try to avoid advising people to do a FR unless its absolutely necessary but in this case with the sprint ID messing up i dont know of any other options

GrandMaster

laundrypirate13 wrote:

I have seen an increase in data connectivity across the board. When I have 3G signal, it is much stronger and download times are much quicker, and the same goes for the rare occasions that I am connected to 4G.  I am beginning to be concerned with the issue of the Sprint Service crashing a few times a day, though.

this part is a big key here..WHEN you have a 3G signal...when you dont that phone is searching like crazy to get a signal that isnt there at that time..builds up heat like a moffo...was your sprint ID crashing as well or was it a different part that was crashing?

Journeyman

yeah. odd how it never happened when I got it, yet it did after my first reset. however, do I do it in settings or while the phone is off?

GrandMaster

there are a few different ways to do it but through the settings is fine. again make sure to back up all your data and info before doing this..i detest FR's but at times they ARE needed..the more backed up the better off you are when putting everything back

Journeyman

Yeah most of the stuff I need is backed up already. if its not, I really dont care about it

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat