Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overheating and crashing issues????

Go to solution
Journeyman

Re: Overheating and crashing issues????

fireguy_6364 wrote:

laundrypirate13 wrote:

I have seen an increase in data connectivity across the board. When I have 3G signal, it is much stronger and download times are much quicker, and the same goes for the rare occasions that I am connected to 4G.  I am beginning to be concerned with the issue of the Sprint Service crashing a few times a day, though.

this part is a big key here..WHEN you have a 3G signal...when you dont that phone is searching like crazy to get a signal that isnt there at that time..builds up heat like a moffo...was your sprint ID crashing as well or was it a different part that was crashing?

I apologize for being unclear.  I tend to always have at least 3G now, which I did not last week.  I was just differentiating between 3G and 4G connectivity.  I have also noticed a marked decrease in the heat that builds up while using the phone, now that I have signal.

However, it is specifically Sprint Service that keeps crashing, or at least that is what it tells me in the crash report.  I send the report to Sprint every time, however it seems to be crashing totally at random; not at certain times of day, nor in certain locations, nor even when performing the same tasks.  It just comes up and says "Unfortunately, Sprint Service has stopped working," and I have the option to report or cancel. 

GrandMaster

the sprint services one can be a few things though..it can be linked in with this deployment and lack of signals from the towers as well..if it said something about your sprint ID failing or something along those lines i have yet to hear anything like that being linked to this deployment..and im all OVER these forums lol.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Next time it happens, I'll screenshot and upload it for you.

Journeyman

I just did the reset and so far, so good. I am going to install this sprint default configuration thing and I hope to see its safe.

Wizard

fireguy_6364,

Awesome assistance, as usual!

Carlos

Sprint Social Care Team

Wizard

Jon_H,

Good to hear. Please keep us posted on this.

Carlos

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

Ok so I installed the "Sprint Default Configuration" and the problem started all over again. It seems to be a glitch with Sprint ID. Say, can I ask why the app is there when there is no purpose to the consumer? This glitch needs to be fixed pronto because this is an issue with Sprint and not HTC, since the app was made by Sprint. I feel that just sending it to a repair center = getting a new phone simply because this thing will keep on going. Can you alert your software engineers about this because nobody wants to reset their phone to get another problem?

Here are some pictures showing how bad the issue is.

This was asking me to install it. Before I did it, I refreshed the device the second time. The issue never occurred even with Sprint ID there.

Screenshot_2013-09-06-17-29-17.png

Following pictures are after Sprint Default Config. was installed

Screenshot_2013-09-06-17-31-49.png

Screenshot_2013-09-06-17-47-45 (1).png

Screenshot_2013-09-07-09-05-35.png

Screenshot_2013-09-06-19-50-28.png

Usage after 1st day of reset (yesterday).

Again, Sprint ID has no use to the user, it just makes it look like a model at the store.

Also, a major glitch in the home screens it makes. The apps I download add shortcuts to all spaces, even if they are occupied by something (eg. google search bar).

Journeyman

I got this last night, while receiving a text message.  Obviously, I blurred out the message, but you can still see the error message.

Screenshot_2013-09-09-01-26-42.png

GrandMaster

contact HTC on their site and make sure to post that either in a PM or on their forums and see what the response is. that has something directly to do with HTC. you'll get a much quicker answer to that one hopefully...once you get a response post in here. especially if its a fix.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Thanks, fireguy_6364.

GrandMaster

no worries. and again let us know what resolution they come up with..it may help others that might run into this issue as well.

Jon_H,

I do apologize you are experiencing this.

Thank you very much for sharing your experiences w/ us. We really appreciate your input and time.

I will log the issue.

If you have anymore concerns, please contact us back. We're here for you.

Thank you,

George M.

Sprint Social Care Team

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat