Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overheating and crashing issues????

Go to solution

Re: Overheating and crashing issues????

fireguy_6364,

Thanks for posting.

You are correct, that's what the community forum is for.

Thank you,

George M.

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

Please send this to your software engineers. This is an app that Sprint has made and seeing it pop up crashing is odd.

Journeyman

That is where the fingerpointing began. HTC said call Sprint, while Sprint said call HTC. Clearly, it has nothing to do with HTC because SprintID does not come in any unlocked HTC One (such as the GPe).

GrandMaster

HTC is the one that sets it up for each carrier though..additional problem though is this isnt happening to everyone..im to lazy to go back through 3 pages to see if you have done this yet..but have you backed up your phone and did a Factory Reset yet? if not his may fix whatever the issue is..it may boil down to being a program that is wonky in the phone and needs to basically be refreshed and reloaded.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I did a few and one time, it did not occur until I installed the Sprint Default Configuration thing which was bothering me. That started causing the problems. -_-

GrandMaster

You may be in for a phone swap then..if a factory reset didnt fix anything (the reset that takes the phone all the way back to factory settings and wipes EVERYTHING from the phone) then it must be something with the phone itself..by the by how are you removing and installing the sprint configuration?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I can't swap it, brought it on July. I can't remove Sprint Default Configuration once I install it, however doing a factory reset can at least stop it from happening. Sprint Default Configuration is also glitchy because when I got my phone, I noticed that as I was downloading apps, the shortcuts went over everything, even if I already had a shortcut that was made by SDC.

GrandMaster

You should still be able to. It's a phone issue that I'm thinking it's non repairable even with a fr. Actually contact HTC support either through email or call and see what they say. Let them know what all things you have already attempted and the results so you can hopefully not end up repeating any of them. Post what they recommend.

Journeyman

That is where this huge finger pointing goes to. I have called HTC many times (not just for this issue) in the past and they told me to call Sprint regarding this issue. The issue with the shortcuts being on top of shortcuts is widespread. There are 3 HTC Ones on my plan, all three of them had this issue, however my HTC One has the issue with Sprint ID crashing every time an app installs/updates.

Jon_H,

Have you gotten a chance to visit a Sprint store in your area? http://storelocator.sprint.com/locator/

Thank you,

George M.

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

Yes my HTC Evo 3D overheats all the time. I think it may be HTC phones. I never had this problem with Samsung. I am going back to samsung when my contract is up

GrandMaster

the only time i had this issue was when in a area that had sub par reception..every phone i have owned was a HTC...so i doubt this is the issue. it can be caused by a list of things..signal..charging while using the phone on top of the phone trying to sync multiple things..etc..you should go browse the samsung forums and see how many of those over heat...for the same exact reasons..

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat