cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Unlocked Alert

Go to solution
Journeyman

Phone Unlocked Alert

I am at work and I just got back to my phone after a few minutes away and found my phone with a pop-up message saying that it was unlocked for UICC support or something. I looked up the message on Google and people are saying that it can indicate a scam, that someone called into Sprint pretending to be me and gained access to my account. I attempted to call Sprint and no one is in right now, and this has me extremely concerned as I need this phone for my job that I'm literally on shift right now. I've heard horror stories about people losing access to their accounts and numbers because people called into their providers and claimed to be them, and now I'm panicking that it's happening to me.

We really need a constant office presence for emergency calls when things like this happen. 

11 REPLIES 11
Sprint Social Care

Re: Phone Unlocked Alert

Thank you so much for reaching out to us. For devices launched after February, Sprint will automatically unlock the device when it becomes eligible.

Please check your inbox and reply to the private message that I just sent you so we can verify that no one accessed your account without your permission.

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Eligible for what? My phone just did it again this morning. I am concerned that it is being hacked or someone else is accessing my phone/account.

Journeyman

My device was purchased 2 years ago and again I got this message today. What does it mean eligible after February? Eligible for what?  I still think the phone is being hacked or accessed by something.  How can Sprint simply unlock my phone if it wants to without my permission?

Journeyman

The same just happened to me. I paid for my phone in full so I am confused. Is it a hack or scam? I am searching the forums and not finding a definitive answer except for the original poster to contact someone. So what is the uicc or whatever?

Community Manager

You're not being scammed or hacked. The UICC is what we used to call a SIM card.  It helps identify your phone to the network.

You're getting this message because you paid off the phone, fulfilling the agreement and we have 'unlocked it' (also known as Domestic SIM Unlock or DSU).  When it's unlocked, it can be used on another carrier, even a foreign one (if the network is compatible with the phone's).

We automatically unlock newer devices when the purchase agreement is fulfilled, contracts are complete and all requirements for Unlocking have been met. For more information, take a look at our Unlocking FAQ page.

SeaWolf
Sprint Community Manager & Customer Advocate
Captain of the Vicious Cream-puff
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

Journeyman

I have an HTC 10 that Sprint told me was unlocked on 10 July, but it is still locked. Can you help me, I used the FAQ on unlocking on the Sprint website, but no luck.

Wizard

Hi there! Let me take a look into this. I'm going to private message you so I can get some more info.

QueenK Social Care 

Be Original, Not a Copy. 
Your opinion matters! So feel free to show someand accept the solution once the issue is fixed!
Journeyman

Hi, how new because I'm getting the run-around on getting my paid for phones unlocked. Can you help?
Journeyman

Hi, I got the same message. Could you check for me?

Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Hi Nitro. Did you by chance finish paying off a leased device? It's possible that the phone is unlocking as it's been fully paid off, but I'll be sending you a PM so we can take a look at things behind the scenes.  

"Hail Yourself!" - Ben Kissel

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hi, I paid it off a couple months ago. 

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat