cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random Restarts - Unable to Wipe Cache Partition

Go to solution
Journeyman

Random Restarts - Unable to Wipe Cache Partition

Since the last system update, my One Max has been restarting once a day (at random times).

I thought maybe I could fix it by wiping the cache partition, but now I can't even get to the Recovery screen.  Instead, when I select it from the HBOOT menu, the phone goes to the "HTC powered by Android" screen, then the red triangle screen.  After that, it just powers up normally.

Please advise...

57 REPLIES 57
GrandMaster

Re: Random Restarts - Unable to Wipe Cache Partition

yeah it would seem that HTC made it this way. same ordeal with not being able to make it into there to do the partition wipe or FR unless youre physically in the settings area. no idea why they did this..Samsung isnt set up this way nor LG..this was a stroke of pure brilliance from HTC alone.

you might as well try to back up the phone if it will let you and do the FR..only option we really have anymore. i keep forgetting to get a hold of HTC to ask why they did this.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

Well, that's nothing but foopid.  HTC's probably going to lose a LOT of customers for that.

GrandMaster

im not exactly happy about it. you have any idea how many people i have helped over the years with the partition wipe alone? dropping that just forced everyone to FR through settings only..so if the phone is locked up and it can only be booted recovery what then? nothing.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

If I didn't have another year to pay on this thing, I'd trash it and get a Galaxy Note 3 or maybe Edge 6 Plus.

GrandMaster

im not a huge fan of Sammy. i ventured into the realm of LG with the Flex2 for a bit but a lot of how they are set up is exactly like Sammy..tough decision on my side of things lol.

Journeyman

Well, I've gotten used to the size and heft of the Max.  Makes it a lot easier for these eyes of mine to read.  (I'm close to 47, and already on my first pair of bifocals...)

GrandMaster

lol i bypassed the  max and waited out the M9. love the phone still but losing that ability is in my pretty dumb. either it was over looked or they took an extra step that was uneeded.

Journeyman

And now the reboots are coming multiple times a day...  Looks like I'll probably have to do a factory wipe... or I'll have the Sprint Store in the Chautauqua Mall do it while I'm at lunch.

Journeyman

When all else fails, thank god for RUU utilities.

Journeyman

I don't want to flash the ROM.  I just want to stop this thing from randomly restarting.

And NO, I will NOT root, EVER!

GrandMaster

would be better if you did the FR..more often than not they wont back up your device..they might but i wouldnt risk it and just do it yourself.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat