cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random Restarts - Unable to Wipe Cache Partition

Go to solution
Journeyman

Re: Random Restarts - Unable to Wipe Cache Partition

Unfortunately, it's gotten to the point where it won't even connect to the computer.  When I plug it in, it tries to install the MTP driver and fails, but when I try to install the driver manually, it says there's already a newer one installed...

Sooooooooooooooooo, when I do the FR (probably tomorrow), I'll probably have to reconstruct just about everything that isn't on the microSD card, including my contact list.  At least my calendar is in the cloud, so I won't lose my doctors' appointments the way I did last time...

GrandMaster

how often does your phone back everything up? my M9 does it pretty much daily when i connect to wifi. if yours is on a decent schedule you might not be as bad off as you think. should have all your app info as well as contacts and whatnot saved already. if you have your contacts saved to google and not the device then google would auto put all that info back in there for you.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

To be honest, I'm not sure.  I had auto-updates turned off because they were happening so often that it bogged down the wifi connection (yes, even a 300 bps), but I'm having the phone perform one now, so things should be ready soon... if it doesn't reset again halfway through.

GrandMaster

ok so i pulled off a partition wipe on the device..the way to get to it has changed. when you get in there and to the point where you end up with the triangle with the ! in the middle hold the power button and push the volume up then release the volume button and it will pop you into the correct area..did it last night..this was a change up with Lollipop it seems.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Okay, I missed about half of that, but it's a moot point at this moment.  I did a factory reset this morning, and it's currently restoring my apps.

GrandMaster

excelent. post the results.

yeah i didnt find this out until last night and i avoid posting on this site through a device like its got the plague lol.

Journeyman

Looks like most of the apps have reinstalled, but not all of them (Office, for example).  Also need to reinstall those from Amazon and re-pair my watch... not to mention reconstruct my LCARS Live Wallpaper (I use the one by Exitbrain, though I wish he'd make his newest version compatible).

GrandMaster

when was the last time your phone backed itself up? i have mine set to auto update over wifi only..which is as soon as im at home, the gf's or at my moms so its pretty much backed up daily.

Journeyman

Not all apps auto-backup (Amazon, for example).  And I keep getting that "Error 4" thing with Sync Manager, so I can't backup that way...

Journeyman

I've always had issues trying to use the HTC drivers.  So for the past year, I've been using the Universal ADB drivers, and that has alleviated all of my issues.

Journeyman

Okay, I'm hoping I don't jinx myself by saying this, but I think this fixed it.  It hasn't rebooted itself since I started the process (other than when it was supposed to), and it rebooted at least twice this time yesterday.

GrandMaster

this is after the FR correct? with all apps reloaded back to the phone? if so run that thing into the dirt to test it..tax the tar out of it doing what any person out there would do so you know normal usage wont have any affects on it.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 10:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat