cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random Restarts - Unable to Wipe Cache Partition

Go to solution
Journeyman

Re: Random Restarts - Unable to Wipe Cache Partition

Pretty much.  I haven't reinstalled most of the games, but I will over time, I'm sure.

I'll reinstall some of the 2048 variants and GTA: Vice City later.  If anything will make it unstable, that will.

GrandMaster

if you can only download a small handful..maybe 2-5 apps..then run it like that for a few days..no issues then bump into another small batch..wash rinse repeat to insure it wasnt caused by an app..if the problem pops back up after DLing a batch of apps then remember which they were..go into your app settings and disable one at a time to pin point or eliminate it as the issue.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

That's the plan.

hkmorgan1987,

Hello! We are happy to hear that you are not experiencing any issues. Please let us know if you are in need of assistance. We are here to help.

Dyan

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

Really, all I could ask, as a customer, is to have ALL of your stores, including those inside Radio Shack (which are the only ones in my area) have at least some repair capabilities, if nothing more than the ability to back up and do a factory reset.  According to your website, there are no repair facilities within 50 miles (which covers the Erie, PA and much of the Buffalo, NY metro areas.)  While I was able to do it, I know other members of my family (both older and younger) couldn't.

As it has been more than 48 hours without a spontaneous reboot, I'm calling this factory reset successful.

Journeyman

And it seems I spoke too soon.  Just had one happen, but it seemed to be a full reboot, rather than just jumping to the Sprint Spark screen.

GrandMaster

is this with all your apps put back onto the phone or is it still bare bones after you did the reset?

if you have all the apps back in there boot the phone into safe mode for the majority of the day. what are you doing with the phone when it happens? using a certain app?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Very few of the apps are back.

And this last one was completely untriggered by anything I was doing, since it was hanging from its bracket on my desk lamp (which was off at the time).  And, like I said, this one generated an Android system crash report, which the daily ones didn't (since they jumped directly to the Sprint Spark screen, rather than the HTC "powered by Android" screen).

This whole thing started with the last system update, so I'm thinking there's something there that's just interacting with something...  The same thing happened with the previous update, but a FR fixed it.

Here's hoping it's just a blip and not an indication of things to come.  I can't afford another $150 deductible just to get a refurbished phone.

GrandMaster

its very possible. if the FR didnt fix it then odds are you will be in need of another update that fixes it. have you tried contacting HTC direct to see if their techs might know a work around?

Journeyman

All they do is tell me to take it to a repair center (which is not an option, since there isn't one within 50 miles, and I don't have a car).

Wait, sorry.  That's the Sprint techs.  I'll try reaching out to HTC if it happens again...

GrandMaster

yeah HTC themselves might have heard of this happening and know what to do. it might also be a individual issue rather than wide spread

Journeyman

That's what I'm most afraid of, since that would necessitate the need for another replacement (did the first one - this phone - when my original one wouldn't even turn on) and I just can't afford another $150 deductible.  I'm on disability and have several mandatory expenditures (not the least of which is transportation for jury duty!) that have already taken my available cash for the next few months...

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 10:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat