cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random Restarts - Unable to Wipe Cache Partition

Go to solution
GrandMaster

Re: Random Restarts - Unable to Wipe Cache Partition

do you happen to have a back up phone or still have the phone you had prior to this one? you can always swap back to a older phone for now until this one gets figured out. the restart might have been a fluke though so a bit more testing might be needed to see if its going to start back up again or not.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I've got my old Blackberry.  If it becomes a recurring problem, I guess I'll have to revert back to that until I can get this one fixed of replaced.  (And I'll be paying on it until October!)

GrandMaster

sorry to hear that. only other thing i can think of is to send it into HTC and have them work on it..down side is it will be gone a couple weeks at least and im not to sure what the cost would be..plus side would be its their device they designed..if anyone is going to know how to work on it it'll be them.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Like I said, I'll give it a few days.  Hopefully, this was just an aberration.

I do know one thing, though.  My next phone will NOT be from HTC!

GrandMaster

i have had nothing but luck with them so far. but with the changes from the M9 to the A9 i might follow yuh. not a huge fan of the removal of the front facing speakers.

Journeyman

Well, my luck with HTC has been bad.  My first HTC phone, an EVO 4G LTE, forgot how to be a phone when the SIM stage (which is hardwired into that model) failed, and you know what happened to my first One Max, so...

I'm leaning toward the Blackberry Priv, which I hope will be available by October, but I'd be open to a Samsung or Nexus handset.  It all depends on what kind of payment plan I can get.

GrandMaster

im so used to HTC's set up that its rough for me to deal with any other types of phones. LG's set up is pretty much the same as Samsungs.

Journeyman

LG is a possibility, too.  I loved my Lotus and my watch is one of theirs.

I've gotten used to the big screen, so I'm definitely going for another phablet.

And the phone has been up for more than 24 hours, so unless I jinx myself by saying it, I'm thinking that restart was an aberration.

GrandMaster

its possible. or there was a background update that happened and it needed to restart. do you have automatic updates shut off?

Journeyman

No, I have them turned on for system updates.

But if it was an update, why would it generate an error report?

Strange...

GrandMaster

unless it loaded funky..but you did the FR so if it were something that loaded odd it should have been corrected..well at least one would think it would have been corrected.

Journeyman

I did have to uninstall one of my default apps, though.

I used Megasound to give different apps their own notification sounds, but it kept graying out the notification volume after muting it.  None of the workarounds work this time...

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat