cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STOP HTC ONE FROM CONNECTIONG TO WIFI!!!!

Go to solution
Master

Re: STOP HTC ONE FROM CONNECTIONG TO WIFI!!!!

Good point, I think that's part of the Location setting for High Accuracy maybe.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Master

dwbydesign - Did you stop the location service from searching for a WiFi network? Let us know if that's what was causing your phone, to constantly look for a WiFi network connection. Thank you. - Kayan Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes! Problem solved!!

It was the Android Location service, not an app (is the location service part of stock Android?). If you set it to High Accuracy or Battery Saver mode, it will turn on WiFi constantly. If you select Device Only, it does not turn on the wifi. Not very intuitive, an undocumented "feature".

Thanks guys. This is soo much better. Maybe we should put in a request for a location feature that doesn't just constantly turn on WiFi?

Master

dwbydesign - That's awesome! Great job. Thank you for posting this information. We very much appreciate your feedback. - Kayan Sprint Social Care
GrandMaster

BOOM!! was only a matter of time before we figured out which culprit it was lol.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Master

Yeah, glad we got that sorted out. 

dwbydesign  let us know how it running in a couple days.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
GrandMaster

every new phone that pops out has some weird quirk about it and how it runs lol. this is just one of them.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Master

smotrs, Remember that we are always here to help. Enjoy your day and happy connecting! - Fernendez
Sprint Social Care
Master

Actually, I think its the majority of Android phones as this is a feature of Android (Google) itself, not the phone. So I wouldn't be surprised at all to find out HTC, Samsung, LG, Sony, Motorola, etc.. all have this same thing.

--

GrandMaster

smotrs..dont be shy...if you need help all you must do is ask and they will be on it like THAT!!

Journeyman

Ok, it's been nearly 2 days so calling this fixed. Not once in two days has wifi kidnapped my connection. And I'm still in the same hotel and office where it captured I immediately on boot up and at least every hour through the day.

There was one guy on another forum who has Location set to Battery Saving mode and says it's not doing it, which seems odd since the text next to the Location - Battery Saving mode button says it uses wifi! All I can say is in High Accuracy mode it does it, and in Device Only mode it doesn't.

Master

Great to know, thanks for the update.

--

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat