cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STOP HTC ONE FROM CONNECTIONG TO WIFI!!!!

Go to solution
GrandMaster

Re: STOP HTC ONE FROM CONNECTIONG TO WIFI!!!!

yah if im thinking right the high accuracy mode is going to pull out all the stops and tricks to make sure your location is dead on accurate..so pulling the info from the towers as well as any GPS that is available if it must.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Master

dwbydesign,

As long as the connections optimizer is disabled, your device should not auto-connect to wifi. I am glad you were able to find the appropriate solutions. Please, let us know if you need any additional assistance.

Keith
Sprint Social Care
Master

smotrs,

If you have any other questions, feel free to reach out to us again.

Keith
Sprint Social Care
GrandMaster

lol

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Master

ROFLMAO

Way too funny.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Highlighted
Journeyman

Ok, I've been looking at this for a few weeks now, and here's what I found.  High-Accuracy mode is definitely the culprit.  Turning Connections Optmizer off didn't help. Nothing else seemed to help. 

Under Location there are three choices:  High-Accuracy Mode, Battery Saver Mode, and Device Only.  If I set it to Battery Saver or Device only, it does not automatically switch to Wifi.  It does still find the Wifi, and sometimes notifies me it's there, and may even turn it on.  But it does not switch from 3G/4G to Wifi.  So I don't get booted out of my session to a wifi landing page.

The moral of this story:  Don't use High Accurracy mode if you use 3G/4G a lot, because it will highjack your session!

GrandMaster

glad it was figured out.

Journeyman

Worked like a charm.. thanks alot guys!!!!!

Journeyman

Worked like a charm... thanks guys!!!!

Journeyman

I was really hoping this was going to be it. My WiFi is turning on by itself constantly and I've tried everything! I set mine to device only and 5 minutes later it's back on WiFi....
Sprint Social Care

Let's try this: You'll need to go to setting, then under Wireless and network, click More settings, then scroll down to Mobile networks, then click Automatic Connections. Now un-click Sprint automatic connection. That will stop wifi from trying to automatically connect to a wifi network. There is one more step you can take after that, which will help with battery life. Go to >settings>Application manager> choose Running, then stop Sprint Optimizer.

Juan

Sprint Social Care

Juan
Sprint Social Care
GrandMaster

there is one final possibility if turning off the connections optimizer. originally when you set up the phone google asked about location settings and if im remembering right one of the options for the best location gathering was for the phone to use network, GPS AND wifi..which if im remembering right can turn on wifi at times as well. for sure start with the optimizer just in case
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat