Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simple, but important questions - thinking about switching to HTC One

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Simple, but important questions - thinking about switching to HTC One

Currently, I use a BlackBerry 9930.  My upgrade is coming up Jun 1st, and I'm really liking the HTC One (since Sprint won't carry the Z10).  I've never owned an Android-powered phone before. 

There are a couple of things I use currently on my BB that I can't live without:  SprintNav and the native BB Calendar.

1)  Will SprintNav be available for the HTC One?  If not, will it have something comparable?

2)  How is the calendar?  I RELY HEAVILY on my calendar.  I need to be able to setup recurring events, have Facebook events auto-add to the calendar, and receive notifications (alarms) with these.  Without it, I'd be lost.

Thanks.

40 REPLIES 40
Journeyman

Re: Simple, but important questions - thinking about switching to HTC One

SprintNav should be available on the device - along with all the usual Sprint software... There is also google maps / navigation which is very solid and works very well.

The HTC Sense calendar is excellent it will auto update events from facebook etc. Giving you control of all your events and reminders. The best thing about Android is its friendly attitude to modification. If there is something that you dont like... usually you can change it or add the funstionality that you want from another application.

Good luck to you!

P.S.

If there is anything help wise that you need - there are a lot of websites catering to assisting those that have just moved into the Google ecosystem. The ability to tie everything to a gmail account (Music, Docs, Calendar, Events, Social, YouTube, Media) and control all of that from your Android device, or from Google Chrome is a great asset.

Journeyman

I got the HTC one and i love it. Very smooth and fast phone and feels heavy duty and strong unlike the Plastic made ones. The Calendar is def a great program on the phone. I as well use it very heavily. Its my planner pretty much for meeting and everything like that. And there is a app preinstalled on it called scout for navigation. It is def a great app i have already used it to see how good it was and on point. 5 star app in my book. Good Luck in Choosing your new phone i def would get the HTC one over the Samsung S4.

Journeyman

GET THIS PHONE! I got mine the first day they released and have been in WOW mode ever since. I cannot put the phone down, so many way to customize to what your lifestyle is. The screen is HD amazing, the sound is true stereo out of the phone speakers. Sounds like a big stereo! This is one slick and high end phone. I had an iphone 4s for a bit and the HTC One makes it looks like an outdated kids toy. Apple only wishes they could roll out a product with this much awesomeness!

You wont regret getting this phone.

Sprint Product Ambassador

SprintNav, by TeleNav, is now known as "Scout GPS, Navigation& Traffic" (by TeleNav). It's available for free from the Play Android market. Yes, it's still available with much more features and a better, polished interface.

The HTC Sense 5.0 UI has a beautiful calendar that's fully functional and able to support multiple calendar syncs including Facebook events, personal, corporate and more. However, it will not integrate with BES calendar or apps.

Hope this helps.

Sprint Product Ambassador and Sprint employee --

All opinions and views are my own. But I'm usually pretty funny and totally on point because I'm humorous and a smart guy, not just a pretty face.
Master

decypher_44 wrote:

1)  Will SprintNav be available for the HTC One?  If not, will it have something comparable?

2)  How is the calendar?  I RELY HEAVILY on my calendar.  I need to be able to setup recurring events, have Facebook events auto-add to the calendar, and receive notifications (alarms) with these.  Without it, I'd be lost.

1. Sprint Nav was replaced with Telenav which can be download fro mthe Google Play store. However, the phone will come preinstalled with Google Navigation which in my opinion is much better. But yes, you can still use the Telenav instead.

2. Calendar is actually pretty good. I use it all the time for one time events and reoccuring events. Events added from Facebook work as well when Facebook doesn't break things. 

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

Thanks, everyone, for your replies!  Now I'm reading about a "deathgrip" issue, and that makes me more concerned!  Grrrr

Journeyman

I agree smotrs I think Google Nav is better also, BUT since Google has ignored HTC EVO LTE for almost a year and not fixed it, (which has made me have to use other apps for navigation) , I want HTC ONE, but worried I should go towards S4 since HTC doesn't seem to be a priority and they have let us all go without Google navigation all these months.

I assume the "deathgrip" issue you reference is related to the WiFi connections issues that seem to plague the HTC One *X*; i.e. some people are reporting when they hold their One *X* in their hand they lose WiFi signal.

I can assure you the WiFi "deathgrip" issue is NO issue on the HTC One! The way they configured their various antennas to interweave in the solid unibody design is nothing short of brilliant. I've had zero issues with WiFi, cellular (voice, SMS), 3G and 4G LTE data signals. I've also verified the FM radio works better than past HTC devices, which is good news to me since I find myself wanting to listen to local sports teams that are free on FM radio bands, but want to charge premium $ub$cription fees for online streamed content. I've not tried NFC yet but will soon to verify.

All opinions and views are my own. But I'm usually pretty funny and totally on point because I'm humorous and a smart guy, not just a pretty face.
Journeyman

Ah, ok. I had not heard of this issue yet. Reminds me of the iPhone 4 and “antenna-gate.” LOL

I'm going to take this matter back to our team to discuss and investigate. I'll report back when I can! Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We really appreciate our customers and respect their concerns.

Journeyman

Czech - much appreciated!  Please, if you can, report your findings here in this thread.  My upgrade is fast approaching (thank God!), and I am wavering between the One and the GS4.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat