cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simple, but important questions - thinking about switching to HTC One

Go to solution
Journeyman

Re: Simple, but important questions - thinking about switching to HTC One

For $4 you can recover the screen space that is lost to BlinkFeed and have as many screens as you want. Buy Nova Launcher Prime. (You could probably do it with several other launchers, but my favorite is Nova.)

GrandMaster

i thought about that but im already getting used to how this is set up..one and only hope will be that they give us the option to either disable it or remove it from there in an update...

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
GrandMaster

ooooor maybe a developer will come out with a version that DOESNT have the blinkfeed super glued to it

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

It's more likely that a developer will come up with some way to get around BlinkFeed, but if there's enough complaining about it, maybe HTC will bow to the demand eventually. I was wondering about something related -- could some good hacker find a way to carve out the code for BlinkFeed and make it into an independent app, so if anybody using a launcher like Nova was inclined to use BlinkFeed from time to time could do it by calling up the app? I was willing to play with Sense for a couple of days to get acquainted with it and found it fairly acceptable -- except for BlinkFeed. That's when I decided to go back to Nova, which I had used on my previous phone. Now that I think about it, HTC wouldn't look with any favor at all on my suggestion, but what's to stop some clever hacker from doing it anyway?

GrandMaster

odds are youre right..as much as i hate to admit it i dont see them moving to quickly with this one..personally i want to see how much of a change up it has on the battery between running and removing it

Master

Though I wouldn't put it past HTC to put out an update if they get allot of heat on it. I just wouldn't hold my breath on waiting for it.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
GrandMaster

eh....i can hold out...as is im only using  screens on my phone right now anyways since i can make folders for my apps to go into..everything i need on one page pretty much lol..well 3 pages..that one that is never going away....one that contains my calender...and the home screen with all my goodies

Master

So does the ONE have the Scrolling Background or is it the Carousel Background?

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
GrandMaster

stays in place and only the actual page itself moves..i miss my scrolling background lol...it limits what you can put on there as a background space wise

Master

Yeah, we had the scrolling background for about 2 updates before they went to the Carousel background. I too want the Scrolling background back. 

--

GrandMaster

im not even sure i would mind if they made it to where you can have a different wallpaper for each screen...

scratch that...that might just end up annoying lol

Master

heh, yeah it would. 

--

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat