Version:    
Subversion:    
Hardware Version:      

Fixes:

Minor bug fixes

SeaWolf
Sprint Community Manager & Customer Advocate
Captain of the Vicious Cream-puff
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

40 REPLIES 40
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Software update: HTC 10 - 2.51.651.2 - FINGERPRINT READER PROBLEM

I updated this morning and my finerprint scanner stopped working. I've rebooted twice. I reset the fingerprint reader and added a new fingerprint. When I press it I get nothing...no haptic response. Nothing. It works fine as the home button when I unlock the phone using my code.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Software update: HTC 10 - 2.51.651.2

My fingerprint scanner is also not working if I have left the phone sit for a while. It does work to sign into apps. And will work to unlock the lock screen only if it very recently locked. 

I reset my lock screen and deleted and reset up my fingerprints. 

The update has BROKEN THE FINGERPRINT TO UNLOCK FUNCTION

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am having the exact same issue.  I have reset the fingerprints and it is intermittently working but not well.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I TAKE THIS BACK. The fix was temporary and I'm having the same problem again.

Contact HTC chat (use your computer, not your phone). I did and we went through some boot level procedure to clean a cache and that got it working

http://www.htc.com/us/contact/chat/

Highlighted
Journeyman

A little update....

If I have it set so pressing the Power button locks the screen, when I turn it back on the fingerprint scanner works.

If the Screen Timeout locks the screen, I have to use my PIN to unlock it.

It never did this before so it makes me wonder if some security settings were changed since it was a security update

Highlighted
GrandMaster

was it a security update or mainly for bug fixes? if it were a security update that is more for the android/google side of things and not so much physical security for the device itself.
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm not sure. I thought when I installed it, it said security but I could be wrong. And I'm finding very little info about it anywhere, even on the HTC site.

I'm not alone with this. Here's a Reddit thread and there are others on AndroidCentral too.

https://www.reddit.com/r/HTC10/comments/6stfbg/update_killed_my_finger_print_scanner/

Highlighted
Journeyman

Factory reset seems to have fixed it for me. 

And I think it said security update too. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

I might have to get brave and give Factory Reset a try. People on Reddit are reporting the same issue with the same symptoms -- works on a power button lock but not on a timed screen lock.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

start with a cache/partition wipe just in case that clears the issue..the dreaded FR should always be the last resort for obvious pain in the rump reasons.
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

That's what HTC support had me do right off. It seemed to help for a little while. The next time they had me boot into Safe Mode. That seemed to help for a little while too. When I realized that the issue seems to be a difference in how it goes into lock mode -- if you do it from the power button it's fine but when it goes into lock mode from screen timeout it needs a PIN to unlock it -- I realized that the "temporary fixes" probably weren't and that once it went into screen timeout lock  it was "back to bad."

Quite a few people on Reddit HTC 10 boards are having the same issue. It IS an issue.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat