cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solar Red for HTC U11

Go to solution
Journeyman

Solar Red for HTC U11

When will Sprint be offering the HTC U11 in Solar Red in the US? It's been released by HTC... and the unlocked version is compatible with Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile. Do I need to switch carriers to get it???

12 REPLIES 12
Journeyman

Re: Solar Red for HTC U11

I'd like to know too!

Sprint Social Care

Thank you so much for reaching out to us. Unfortunately, Sprint will not get the Solar red one since that version does not support our Network. We only have the Sapphire Blue and Black (only Sapphire Blue is in store) one.

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

But the Solar red has been localized in the us and has the same Radios as the blue and black ones, so is sprint just deciding to not add it to their lineup?

Sprint Social Care

Hello Artorthegreat, you may verify this information here. As per the website, the unlocked version is only compatible with AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon and others.

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

First HTC said is would not be releasing Solar Red in the US, but they changed their mind. I am hopeful that someone at Sprint is putting pressure on HTC to release the Solar Red with Sprint-compatible radio. Sprint invested into the release and is promoting the phone. It would be a shame for them to not benefit from the coolest, sharpest color option after investing so much into the partnership. Please share with the marketing and sales leaders in Sprint!

After 17 continuous years on Sprint with 5 lines... this could be the straw that breaks the camel's back and forces me to go to a different carrier.

Journeyman

Hey Sprint, I posed the same question to HTC and got this response...

"Regarding the stock of the device [Solar Red U11 on Sprint], we are not sure if Sprint is going to request that specific color in the future, it is up to them, to be honest. "

OK Sprint... your move.

GrandMaster

you are saying you would leave a carrier because they didnt get the color you wanted? seriously? since this device has already been released i highly doubt they will turn back around and bring in a different color after the fact.
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Yes, but note that I Saud "straw that broke the camel's back"... have been many other things that I've had to deal with from poor service to having been sold faulty equipment... not carrying the phone in the color I want when it's available on other carriers could just be the nudge I need. Sorry if you find that surprising... it shouldn't be. 

Community Manager

Just a reminder folks that while you can certainly let us know what you'd like to see, agent's typically won't be able to tell you 'why' or 'when' about things like device releases.  Demanding those kinds of answers puts unfair pressure and tends to result in repetitious answers because they don't have anything new to add.

I'll pass your request on up the chain, as previously mentioned, we don't have any information about releasing the Solar Red at this point.  The device will typically show up on the Shop page when/if it becomes available.  If I happen to get word of it on one of my device calls (and I'm allowed to release that info), I'll update this thread.

Meantime, be nice to the agents.

Thanks!

SeaWolf
Sprint Community Manager & Customer Advocate
Captain of the Vicious Cream-puff
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

Journeyman

Appreciate the respond Seawolf. And for the record, I was not unkind to the agents. An answer of "we don't know" would be fine, but blaming it on HTC and then being dismissive of my statement with "really?"... not sure I'm the problem.

Journeyman

Hey fireguy - consider that retailers extract fees, hefty fees, from manufacturers for stocking their shelves and placing their wares in front of impulse buying Americans, HTC is run by engineers. Remember when the brainy engineer partner in Apple squoze out his Marketing partner? Apple sunk like a rock. (Jobs bought back in for pennies on the dollar what they paid to get rid of him) Same with HTC. Superior engineering that wouldn't stoop to buying it's customer from the retailers looses all it's market share. MY POINT - Who looses? We loose. We do not get a selection, we only get what we get and you suggest we accept it. HTC's newest and best isn't even coming to the USA. We get the stripped down model. I went into Sprint store. They didn't even have one I could hold in my hand and feel if I liked it. So I went to Best Buy - Same deal, they could get me one if I ordered it and if I didn't like it I wouldn't have to buy it. Is this what we have to accept? . . . Disappointing me again Sprint - the U11 is only available to rent. And the comment from to the guy who has been their customer from the start - I can relate, So have I. Sprint can make you feel like crap on the phone - if only somebody really did monitor the conversations for quality and training! They verbally resolve a problem by phone then do not follow through then the next guy you get gives you the option to close your account or forget about it. If it were recorded they would have done something but when I asked them to I was told there are no recordings. So yes, I have been with them since the beginning and yes I would switch at this point for the slightest reason that would justify the hassle. 

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat