cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint BYOD doesn't work after MVNO Tello service

Journeyman

Sprint BYOD doesn't work after MVNO Tello service

I have wasted 2 days trying to sign up for the 1 year Sprint service, which fails the BYOD check because Tello has not changed the ownership_code back to SPCS(?). Apparently @Sprint_Jeffrey or @RedCruzr_Sprint has helped others resolve this as I've read on reddit forums.

I've called Sprint literally 15 times and can't get this resolved! Smiley Sad

13 REPLIES 13
Wizard

Re: Sprint BYOD doesn't work after MVNO Tello service

Morning. We can submit a ticket and see about getting the phone added to the database so you can use it on our network. I'll send you a PM since I will need some information.

Penguin
Social Care Rockstar
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are Welcome
Journeyman

I'm having the same issue. Please help. I signed up for Verizon because I thought it would help make it possible to change back to Sprint from Tello. I'm worrying it won't be enough. I want Sprint!

Journeyman

I ended up buying a new phone to get Sprint. How horrible is that?

Journeyman

That's pretty horrible... 😕 But I guess it makes sense, since you'll be saving money every month. I want my phone, though. I don't want another...

Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

@ALong, I've received your PMs and I've replied. Unlimited Kickstart requires the phone to come from a postpaid account. Prepaid and MVNOs don't qualify.

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Journeyman

@RedCruzr_Sprint I can understand that, but if you've cancelled your tello (MVNO) account, the phone doesn't belong to any sprint account. You shouldn't have to buy a brand new BYOD phone to sign up for Sprint.

Highlighted

@ryny24, Your phone would have the ownership code of the MVNO though. So, that would tell us that it didn't come from a postpaid account.

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Journeyman

But the service was cancelled. The phone is not coming from an MVNO. The IMEI is unused. It should be available to use anywhere. 

What you're saying is once a phone is used with an MVNO, it can never be used with Sprint. Ever. No matter what. That's horrible. No wonder other countries stick to GSM.

@ryny24, No, I was saying that it's not eligible to be on Unlimited Kickstart. That specific plan doesn't allow prepaid or MVNOs. A phone coming from an MVNO can be on Sprint, we just have to change the ownership code.

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Journeyman

So if I went to the Sprint store and signed up for a basic plan, would I then qualify to be signed up for the Kickstart?... Do you have any time requirement?

@ALong, Your phone/number would need to come from a postpaid account to sign up for Unlimited Kickstart. The plan isn't available for existing customers. 

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat