cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to establish a wireless data connection

Journeyman

Unable to establish a wireless data connection

For a few months now I've been getting "Unable to establish a wireless data connection" intermittently, even with full bars.  Occasionally it will start working by itself, but I often have to turn on airplane mode and back off or restart the phone to make it work again.  I upgraded to 4.06.651.4 a week ago, but to no avail.  Instead I lost a stock android app (News&Weather), and now have frequent connectivity issues with wifi too, especially if I enable the "Connection Optimizer".  I quit using Samsung phones a few years back for the same type issues.  I don't want to go through the issues I had a few years back with having to replace the (Samsung) phone umpteen times.  Maybe it's time to replace the provider...  Any input appreciated.

90 REPLIES 90
Master

Re: Unable to establish a wireless data connection

royal73, 

If you turn Wi-Fi off completely as well as Connection Optimizer does this error still occur? Have you tried any other troubleshooting steps besides the airplane mode and restarting i.e. update data profile, remove battery?  Have you checked all the settings on the phone to make sure they are set correctly? Any issues with voice or text? 

Dania

Social Care

Patron

I'm having the same issues but my voice and data connections are great.

Master

Racingrocks, 

What phone do you have? 

Dania

Social Care

Patron

HTC one

Journeyman

story of my life

Journeyman

We, two phones on same account, have been having the same troubles. And the connections optimize proves more troublesome than helpful. But, what prompted my reply is your advice to take out battery...It's my understanding that the HTCOne does not have a removable battery.....and if it does, I have NO clue how....

Master

Racingrocks, 

No reports on this being a specific phone issue. Do you see an error number when you get that message? We may need to do a refresh to your phone on our end. Send us a private message with your name, telephone number and we'll send your phone a refresher. Once we do that you'll need to power-cycle as well as update your data profile. 

Dania

Social Care

GrandMaster

with a hammer

and yah..the tech bloopered it up when they said to remove the battery..

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

I believe this *is* an issue specific to the HTC One (Sprint). After the update, I have been experiencing the same issue, song with many other individuals with the same phone, provider, and software version. Data is frequently lost (LTE: EMM-65535) and wi-fi constantly connects and disconnects.

Master

TabithaRS,

I apologize for the misunderstanding. The way these posts come into our system we can't always tell the forum they are coming from which is why I mentioned a battery pull.  However, for the HTC ONE you can simulate a battery pull by holding down the power button for about 10 seconds until phone restarts. Give that a try and let us know if it helped.

Dania

Social Care

Master

ian.c:

Please provide your zip code and two cross streets. Do you have the device set to CDMA or LTE? Do you have data roaming enabled?

Jon H.
Sprint Social Care Team
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat