Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to establish a wireless data connection

Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

Re: Unable to establish a wireless data connection

mluvw47,

Based on your request and since the Oklahoma Network Team was working with you previously, I will escalate this issue to our Upper Management Team so they can contact you directly. I've sent you a private message, please check your inbox.

Kryshna
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

So, if I have 4 or 5 bars I can get a LTE connection, but if it drops to 3 or below, all data is gone and I get a "LTE cannot establish a wireless connection" in my notification tray. I have to set my mobile network to CDMA, and be forced to use 3G connection, because thats the only one not affected. And I have unlimited data, and only used 8G so far in November, so its not Sprints 25GB data limit kicking in. 

Phone Specs:

LG V40

Unlimited Plan

Non Removable Battery

GrandMaster

is it dropping to roaming when this happens?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I'm getting the same problem on my Samsung Galaxy S9. This is very frustrating, as I work in downtown Chicago!

Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Hi A_N_Williams. Can you give me some more details about what specifically is going on? What is the exact error that you are encountering ]? Is this happening only in a particular area in downtown or is it happening to you elsewhere? Also, how long has this been happening? 

"Hail Yourself!" - Ben Kissel

Journeyman

Actually, I just went through a bunch of things in a chat that ended up transferred to Tech Support. It turns out there are apparently network issues in the area, but also that some combination of the things the reps did at their end and the things they asked me to do on the phone worked (either that or the network techs resolved the external issue). I made sure to get a transcript of the chat, so if you want details of what we did, please let me know and I'll send it to you.

Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

I'm glad we were able to get you an answer and fix!

I wouldn't share your private chat transcript verbatim here, but if you want to share the parts where we walked you through the motions on your phone, that would be great! It will help future members of the community who come here with similar issues and I'd be glad to give you kudos for sharing what helped you out!

Alternatively, if you want to send me a private message with the transcript, I'd be glad to pull the information out for you and make a post in this thread for future users. 

"Hail Yourself!" - Ben Kissel

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 10:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat