cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to establish a wireless data connection

GrandMaster

Re: Unable to establish a wireless data connection

its possible the wifi issue youre having might be fixed with what this other customer did in the thread here.

HTC One Wifi Connects then Disconnects constantly..

ian.c wrote:

I believe this *is* an issue specific to the HTC One (Sprint). After the update, I have been experiencing the same issue, song with many other individuals with the same phone, provider, and software version. Data is frequently lost (LTE: EMM-65535) and wi-fi constantly connects and disconnects.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Thanks for the suggestion.  Although enjoying the Connection Optimizer's capability of automatically signing me in to WiFi at work and stores, it did cause me some grief with automatically enabling WiFi and connecting to a weak WiFi signal.  I have disabled the Connections Optimizer and WiFi for now to see if I will experience the data connection loss again.  So far so good.  If I do, I am going to try the reset option (fake battery pull) of holding down the power button for 10 seconds.

One thing to note is that at work and in some locations I get 3-4 bars, but I keep getting switched from 4G to 3G and back (still having 3-4 bars).  I'm guessing this is part of the problem.  I haven't noticed any loss of messages or calls so far (this would be crucial as I depend on receiving messages for work).

I'll keep you posted.

Journeyman

Hi Jon,

My mobile data is set to LTE/CDMA. Not CDMA only, nor automatic. Data roaming is turned on.

My cross streets are 36th Street and Harrison Blvd, 84403.

Master

royal73,

Good to hear things are working better for you now. 

As for the signal toggling from 4G to 3G, its most likely due to being in an area where some 4G updates are complete and others in the middle of adding 4G enhancements to site. 

Stephanie C.

Sprint Social Care

Master

ian.c.,

Try setting the device to CDMA only and see if this makes a difference.  I have reviewed the area of 36th Street and Harrison Blvd, 84403 and we are still working to complete upgrades. 

Were you able to review the link fireguy_6364 provided to see if his suggestions help?

Stephanie C.

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

Turning off the Connection Optimizer and doing a "battery pull" (by holding the power button for 10 seconds) didn't help.  I'm still getting the error message and I've noticed that some apps will say "No Internet Connection" while this is happening.

Master

royal73,

Thanks for keeping us updated on the situation. What error message are you getting? Are you getting the error message everywhere, or at just one location?
Thanks,
Ivan
Journeyman

I've recently started having the same error message.  HTC One with the latest updates.  Lynchburg, VA.  I was told that some of the data connectivity issues could be taken care of by setting the data connection to CDMA only (as I don't have LTE anywhere in this area). 

Wizard

Did you set your network setting to CDMA Only?? You might try that and see if that takes care of the error.

Master

bpcooper1,

I am sorry to see that you are having these issues. I would agree with others that have posted, put the device in CDMA only. I'd also like to look deeper into this issue. May I have your cross streets and zip code? Let me know, I am here for you.

*Andi R.
Sprint Social Care Team
Journeyman

I Have been experiencing this as well and it is rather annoying. I have the HTC one and it wasn't doing it when I originally purchased the phone .

Wizard

Again first thing everyone needs to do it set their networks to CDMA only especially if in your home area there is NO LTE..  If your traveling out of your home area and what I mean by home area the town you live in then I would use Automatic.  If you have LTE in your home area and having these issues then you probably need to call Sprint have them put in a trouble ticket for your local tower.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat