cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to establish a wireless data connection

Master

Re: Unable to establish a wireless data connection

ShipWreck,

Thank you for the pointers. These are some of the some of the same steps I use when traveling. I would also add if you are traveling a lot to update the PRL when you have access to WiFi.

Thanks,

Sequoyah
Social Care
Master

Shaic30,

I hear your concerns. To address them, can you please provide your zip code & nearby cross streets? Happy to help.

*Julian

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

I have the same problem. My 3g icon disappears, then I get the triangle with exclamation point, with the message "Unable to establish a wireless data connection LSE:EMM 65355" (sometimes its ESM), then it takes several minutes to switch 3g back on again. It's very frustrating, especially when this is happening in downtown San Francisco, and downtown Berkeley - not exactly the middle of nowhere. I almost never have a 4g icon in either area. I have tried putting the phone into CDMA/LTE, CDMA only and automatic, and this has happened on Kitkat and the update before it too. I have also updated PRL, reset the data connection and updated software to latest. This didn't happen when I first got the phone, and everything else is working fine. Is there anything else I can do?

Wizard

Hmm that is strange maybe they need to put a trouble ticket in for that areas have them check the towers for issues it would not hurt anything.

Master

DrRobo

Thanks for posting. I see that the San Fransisco and Berkeley areas are about 50% away from being fully 4G LTE capable. Unfortunately, I can't give a specific completion date because those can change. For now, I would recommend keeping your phone on CDMA only-this will prevent if from freezing and it should find a 3G connection. It will also save your battery life because the phone will stop looking for a 4G signal where there isn't one available quite yet.

If you'd like me to check a specific tower for you, please provide cross streets and a zip code.

Robin
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I am having the same error message lte:emm-65535. I had a HTC one that they replaced 6 days ago for a faulty headphone jack and the new phone constantly shows the error message. My wifes Samsung note will have 4G LTE next to me and I have 0 signal and an error message lte:emm-65535. I went to the sprint store today and they said it was a software issue and offered me no fix. I called sprint today and they told me to try something and they would call me back in 20 minutes, They didn't call, it didn't fix it. I have no mobile data, its a expensive brick at this point. I wish I had my old HTC one back, even broken. I am not a techo wizard on the phone and don't want to spend days of my time on this. I just want it to work, which is what I am paying $200 a month for. At this point I don't know where to turn other than switch phone providers for a functional phone. I pay for the extra phone protection package and my phone doesn't work and no one seems to care to fix it. NO its not the towers or sun spots. The problem started the second they give me a new phone. My old one worked and my wifes note still works.

Lets see here, area is zip 66067 and all around it (it's not the towers)
The sprint store upgraded the profile and prl (didn't help)
Battery pull (didn't help)
no software updates available
I switched it to CDMA and it is a horrible 3G that barely works (the 3G light turns off and flickers on occasionally) but no error message so far

Journeyman

I am having the exact same issue outside of kansas city Kansas. Your description is spot on.

Master

BrandonKey422,

Hello,

Checking in to see if you're still having issues with your device? If so, What type of error messages are you getting? Thanks here to help.

Ash,
Sprint Social Care Team
Journeyman

Please see my post at the end of page 2 of this thread and immediately prior the the one you replied to, I detail it in length.

Wizard

Hmm have both of you guys have the latest update? Also I wonder if they are doing some kind of network upgrades in your area they should be able to tell you guys that and what towers your devices use the most and see if they are being worked on.

Journeyman

I have an LG G2 and I'm getting the unable to establish connection issue as well. I've tried all available options to solve and nothing works. It KS my third phone since starting service in November 2013.

Master

Timmy2X87,

That's not good. Let us help. Can you please give us your main cross streets and zip codes? Let us take a look at your towers to see exactly what's going on with them. We'll do everything we can to get this issue resolved for you. Thanks for your help.

Thank you,
April
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat