Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade HTC One m7 to Kitkat 4.4.3 or 4.4.4

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Upgrade HTC One m7 to Kitkat 4.4.3 or 4.4.4

Well, the upgrade has been out for about 6 MONTHS.  And Sprint doesn't have it.  And HTC says "it's up to sprint". 

No, it's up to me.  Our phones are all coming off contract in the next few months.  So I've instructed our telecom person NOT to let ANYONE upgrade.  We're going to Verizon.  And Samsung.  Incompetence all around with Sprint/HTC.

Master

Dwbydesign, We certainly don't want to lose you! Please hang in there during this time! I can assure service will improve greatly! - Justin
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Well, I have one SIMPLE request.  I want an update to the core operating system.  I need it to fix one of my apps.  It was released June 2, 2014.  It is now October 6 2014.  OVER 4 MONTHS and I still can't get the update. 

So, Sprint won't give me something that is already out there, and other Sprint customers have had for a while.  So it's the same old case:

Sprint won't take care of this tiny detail to keep me.

Verizon will give it to me AND a new phone to GET me to come to them.

One carrier wants me.  One doesn't care at all.  Not a tough call.

Master

dwbydesign

I completely understand where you are coming from. You would have to contact the manufacturer. Sprint doesn't release software updates to our devices. I'm truly sorry for the inconvenience.

Shantoya
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

WHAT??  Of COURSE you release software for your handsets!!  This is just a typical support answer: "it's not our device, it's someone else's problem".  And HTC says "you need to contact your carrier, they release software for their devices".  So lets all point fingers at each other!

In case you're new and don't know, the fact is each carrier creates a build of the operating system that is customized for them.  It includes all their junkware (like all the Sprint apps), and other customized functionality, on TOP of the mfr. build.  So Android is released, HTC adds their customized pieces, Sprint then adds theirs.

So you say

"You would have to contact the manufacturer. Sprint doesn't release software updates to our devices".

Earlier in this very thread:

"Hello dwbydesign, Updates are sent out in waves to avoid the system overloading. Watch out for your update for Kitkat and keep us posted. Thanks, Sharon Sprint Social Care"

So, which is it?  Or neither.

Everyone, NOW you see why I'm leaving.

GrandMaster

it IS sent out in waves..it goes by serial number..not location..as for your app that is messed up that would be up to the developer of that app to fix it..more than likely once the new OTA comes out for this phone more apps will probably act up on your since the developers of those apps will have to do the same thing..make them compatible for the newest operating system..most are actually well ahead of the game and will kick out a update well ahead of time..again this is up to the dev..

also flip through each of the phone specific forums in here and locate one that kicks out operating system updates in 4 months or less..you wont find one..they might kick out one to fix a bug or something in roughly that amount of time..but no big OS updates.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Guys the 4.4.3 will not bring new mind blowing features unfortunately. 4.4.4 was mostly security fixes and it looks like 4.4.2. So just be patient and wait for 4.4.X, it will be worth it. No need to rush out buggy updates. Att rushed the update to their HTC ones and the update had battery drain issues. So just wait calmly. Smiley Happy. In the meantime, to make your phone snappy. Disable all animations, unchecked reduce cpu usage in power saver options and limit background processes to 4 under develepors options. Enjoy.

GrandMaster

also when you go into the phone to manually look for a update are you pushing a button that says Sprint software update or does it say HTC software update?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

There are three options:  Update PRL, Update Profile, and HTC Software Update. I tried all three.

GrandMaster

i know..my point is it does in fact come from HTC..sprint must give the final go ahead once they do their checks on it..it gets released in waves going by serial number so it doesnt over load a general area.

by the by did you get the last update released a couple days ago? mainly just a bug fix..didnt notice anything changed up other than the smith deal no longer pops up after restarting your phone.

Master

Dwbydesign,

The updates are sent out in waves and as soon as one is available for your device, it will automatically be pushed to you. Thank you for your patience.

Regards,

Audrey

Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

November 17th and still no update..

Lol.

Same excuse "please be patient."

I'm being patient for my contract to be up

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat