cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade HTC One m7 to Kitkat 4.4.3 or 4.4.4

Go to solution
Journeyman

Upgrade HTC One m7 to Kitkat 4.4.3 or 4.4.4

Some have had this since JUNE! It's almost OCTOBER! when are we getting upgraded? Do I have to change carriers to get upgraded?

25 REPLIES 25
GrandMaster

Re: Upgrade HTC One m7 to Kitkat 4.4.3 or 4.4.4

more than likely the M8 will get this before us and i havent even seen it mentioned over there as of yet.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Master

Hello dwbydesign,

Updates are sent out in waves to avoid the system overloading. Watch out for your update for Kitkat and keep us posted.

Thanks, Sharon Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

So, it takes over 4 Months to push out an update? Sorry, I know that's the pat answer told to everyone, but I'm not buying it. But it's ok, my contract is up soon and other vendors do seem more responsive.

Journeyman

Sprint One M8 got 4.4.3 starting July 15:

M8_443.PNG

http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/166158

GrandMaster

4.4.3 only brought them wifi calling and the HD voice icon..we wont be getting wifi calling anytime soon since that has been pushed to the tri band devices only so far..if anything 4.4.4 might make it to us but i doubt 4.4.3. especially if that is all it contained. the HD voice icon we will more than likely get though..yippee..one more thing stuck up at the top for us.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I have a couple of apps that used to work till 4.4.2 came out, and their support people tell me were broken by the way KitKat creates network connections.  And that was supposedly fixed in 4.4.3.  4.4.4. only added some security patch I think, so either should work for me.  If they ever come. 

GrandMaster

that happens all the time though. just means the devs for that app must do their updates to make it compatible with the latest software etc..4.4.4 might have something good in it but i doubt we will get 4.4.3..

Master

Hello dwbydesign,

We don't control when the updates are sent to your phone. Have you checked the updates on your phone?

Thanks, Sharon Sprint Social Care
Master

CAPTSLyon, Thanks for posting. Have you tried contacting HTC to get the update sent to your phone manually? - Fernendez
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Yes, of course I have. Like the OP, I've been checking on this daily for over two months but there's no info coming from HTC or Sprint. Chatted with Ramiro at HTC just now and he said two things of significance:

"Well actually the updates on the phone depend on your carrier ..." [we knew this. Sprint has to "certify" the update before HTC can release it to us]

"The update for 4.4.3 has been halted in order to fix some minor issues..."

And threw in this:

"... soon we are going to release the major updates for Android L"

...but it's at least 90 days away (and moving right day for day until "receiving final software from Google") which moves it into 2015. The thing we Sprint M7 users aren't getting is some status of what's coming (or not) on an update that the rest of the world, and other manufacturers, have had for some time. There was lots of visibility on other updates over the last year, but no info at all since May other than the promise of a ship date for "L" for the great M7.

Master

CAPTSLyon - We will go ahead and see if there is any official news that will address this. Thank you for your patience regarding this matter. As soon as there is an official word, it will be posted on sprint.com/newsroom. - Carl
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat