cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is my fm radio tuner

Go to solution
Journeyman

Where is my fm radio tuner

Before the latest update to Lollipop, I used my HTC one fm radio tuner app to listen to the tv at the gym.  Today I went to the gym and the app is gone and it's not on my page anymore.  How can I use my phone to listen to the tv while I'm working out now?  This is the whole reason I purchased the HTC one because most of the phones didn't have fm radio tuners.  Why did it go away?  How do I get it back?

39 REPLIES 39
Master

Re: Where is my fm radio tuner

Mal338

We apologize for this experience. Did you try to download this application again? We are here to help.

- Miles
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Sprintcare please research your own product before you respond.

This is NOT an app to be downloaded, this is an FM tuner resident on the phone. The new system upgrade has eliminated access to it entirely.

I repeat this is not an app. the resident FM tuner was the only reason I chose this phone and now it is disabled and I am very angry about it. Please fix it or provide instructions for removing this system update

Journeyman

Yes, it is not an app in the store.  This is a FM tuner on the phone that I no longer have access to.  It was an offline ability to tune into any FM frequency and listen with headphones.  The online apps only allow me to listen to stations through the internet, I cannot tune them into the TV at my gym and listen while I'm on the treadmill.  There must be some way to add that functionality back in because it was the ONLY reason I bought the HTC One instead of a more popular phone.

Journeyman

Another HTC One owner here. The missing FM radio app is a huge disappointment. Sprint, please advise as to how this can be resolved!!

Master

Mal338

I can understand your concern and I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. However, the software update is controlled by the manufacturer. You may need to contact HTC about the fix for that feature.

- Miraille
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

In part, that is true. But you (Sprint) are responsible for testing the updates that are pushed out with your approval. Did you not even notice the missing app?

Journeyman

I have found a solution. Install the (free) NextRadio app (NextRadio - Android Apps on Google Play). Open the menu of the app and select "Basic Tuner" towards the bottom. I have tested this and it appears to work.

If you want, you can go into the settings of the app and switch it to "Basic Only" mode (under "Interface") which means it will always function as just a normal FM Tuner (no fancy loading of images and all that).

Master

RSLJ3VANS

Please contact the manufacturer for more info.

- Miraille
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I have contacted the manufacturer regarding this very disappointing action - I am still waiting to hear from them. 

Master

I believe it was removed. They tried it on the Kitt Katt version of the M8 a while back. Looks like the M7 caught up.

You can find the APK for FM Radio on XDA. I tracked it down a while back when it was removed from the M8.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

Feeble answer. Sprint allowed the upgrade and should try to help.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat