cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is my fm radio tuner

Go to solution
Master

Re: Where is my fm radio tuner

HTC decided to remove it, not Sprint. You got a problem with it, call HTC.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

Hey there SMOTRS : please provide more specific information on how to get the FM apk. how do I find this XDA you refer to?

thank you for your help (I'm certainly not getting any from sprint or HTC)

sprint can't even help me get my voicemail app working again.

Lollipop is a disaster for me and I wish there was a way to uninstall it

Journeyman

Wow. Where the heck is my fm radio. I see the shortcut I created but nothing pops up. I am furious. I use this feature on my phone every day. Updating the software was a huge mistake

Master

glunatechnology You would have to contact HTC so they can give you the fix for that issue. - Carol
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Wow when a customer comes and has a complaint I say I have contacted HTC and they said this is why I removed it and this is how you can or cannot get your favorite feature back.

not only did I get my fm radio tuner deleted and feature like backspace having autocorrect automatically pop up

I received a whole bunch of crappy Sprint and HTC apps that I will never use or I can't delete.

Master

Strange, I was able to remove everything but, Sprint Zone and Polaris Office 5 on the M8. While I know it's a different phone, I would have expected similar.

As for FM Radio, as mentioned before, this was HTC's decision. They removed it from the M8, functionality is there, but they decided not to include THEIR app on the phone like they did on the M7. It appears they made the same decision now on the M7.

My suggestion, complain to HTC. Hopefully they will bring it back in the next update. Didn't work on the M8, but you never know. Our, goto XDA and find the APK file and install it, that's what I did.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Highlighted
Journeyman

I also used this feature everyday.  I am very disappointed that HTC and SPRINT allowed this to happen.  Seems like you are really being greedy here...no free radio waves when we sell data.

Master

Again, HTC, Sprint had nothing to do with it. It's an HTC app and is not controlled by Sprint. Have you complained to HTC? if not, do so, other wise there is absolutely no chance of it being added back in.

After you have done that, go to XDA and download it.

--

GrandMaster

you never know..maybe Sprint got a hold of it and said "hey Phil...watch how many people freak when i remove the fm radio app from this new update..."

kidding..Sprint has no control over HTC's built in apps

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Sprint Care,

I'm very disappointed about this too.

I consider myself more a Sprint Customer than an HTC customer seeing how I give you money monthly.

Please register my opinion that I would like the FM Tuner back also.

When you say to tell HTC to bring it back, can you please provide a link to the best location to request this from HTC?

Thanks,

MMH

Master

MMHAN,

I do apologize for the inconvenience. I can tell how important this feature may be to your comfort. Have you talk to HTC Customer Service over the phone or their Chat Team? - Geraldine
Sprint Social Care
Master

I would complain at the following,

http://www.htc.com/us/support/

Describe what you did, upgraded, then what you noticed, FM Radio missing. If they can't add it back in a future update, make it available on the Play Store like their other apps.

The more people that do it, the more likely

--

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat