Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wi-Fi Calling HTC One (M7)

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Wi-Fi Calling HTC One (M7)

I just updated my HTC One (M7) to Android 5.0 and I noticed a new Wi-Fi calling icon in the app tray, but when I try to open it, nothing happens...Screenshot_2015-02-05-21-39-41.png

23 REPLIES 23
Master

Re: Wi-Fi Calling HTC One (M7)

alextrod - Thanks for the post. i am not finding any specific info on this particular app. When you attempt to open it what happens? - Sean
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Nothing opens. When I select it, it does nothing.

Master

alextrod - Thanks for the info. I am having an issue finding info on this app. A customer in this thread (https://community.sprint.com/baw/message/937562#937562) seemed to have success having it removed. - Sean
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I'm having the same trouble. When pressing the icon for wifi calling it says access denied. I did a Google search and came up with a thread that this has also happened when the HTC M8 received their last update. No solution was found . This is a good feature , and a solution needs to be found and addressed. Also not sure why the reply's from the Sprint rep says correct answer, it doesn't seem to provide an answer at all?

Message was edited by: tiredofthisnames

Journeyman

having it removed isn't the option.  It's not supposed to be removed.  I don't know why the app doesn't show up on my phone anymore after a factory reset and update re-applied, but I certainly didn't want it to be removed when it's the app to use to set up WiFi calling (a feature I have been looking forward to for a long time).

Master

tiredofthisnames,

Wi-Fi calling is a new feature on the HTC One M7. However, the feature is not supported with the model device.

Jameel
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I don't understand this answer. T Mobile version works with wifi calling, and Verizon  and AT&T websites say it will be enabled soon. Are you saying the Sprint version of the HTC one M7 does not support it and if so why is the option even added?  Thanks

Master

Marshal05

We understand your concerns regarding the Wi-Fi calling feature. Wi-Fi calling is a new feature on the HTC One M7 due to the recent update. However, that feature is not supported with the model device.

- Jameel
Sprint Social Care
GrandMaster

youre misinformed. wifi calling on the M8 is working just fine..might be some individual issues here and there but for the most part its working for most.

smotrs

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
GrandMaster

huh? its a known issues and its already being worked on.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
GrandMaster

also for those in here..for device specific questions or issues youre better off going into the forum dedicated to it..in this case

HTC One

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat