Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wi-Fi Calling Unresponsive

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Wi-Fi Calling Unresponsive

I just updated my M7 to Lollipop, and the Wi-Fi calling app sounds nice. Unfortunately, the app doesn't open and can't be uninstalled. I've restarted and cleared app days but to no avail. What's the solution?

11 REPLIES 11
Patron

Re: Wi-Fi Calling Unresponsive

I'm in the same boat as you I'm having no luck opening the app either.

Master

TWaL - Thank you for the update. It appears to be a known issue and a resolution is being sort after. - Necole
Sprint Social Care
Community Manager

TWaL, we received an update.  Unfortunately, the WiFi calling icon was added in error; this model (HTC One - M7) does not support WiFi calling. - Moderator SeaWolf

SeaWolf
Sprint Community Manager & Customer Advocate
Captain of the Vicious Cream-puff
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

Journeyman

Except the htc says the m7 can use the Wi-Fi calling....

Master

unknownone555 - The HTC One M7 does not support WiFi Calling. This App was placed on the phone in error with the recent Lollipop update. This is a disabled App and will not function on the HTC One M7. We do apologize about the inconvenience that this has caused you. Please let us know if there's anything further that we can assist you with today. Thank you. - Kayan Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

More like Sprint just doesn't allow it... I've got the RingCentral app on my phone for work, I get WiFi calling through that just fine so the hardware certainly is capable.

Journeyman

Exactly voip has been around forever now and I'm fairly sure lollipop came with the app pre-installed. So I don't know why Sprint refuses to support it when they already have the system set up they'd just have to expand it for more volume, besides the obvious buy a newer phone scheme they always pull...

GrandMaster

how much was that app and how well does it work? i might have to go that route if theyre not going to allow it on the M7. no monthly fees or anything correct?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Sorry for the confusion, RingCentral is another VoIP provider. I don't know the cost since the line is provided by my work for incoming support calls. The app works really well though.

Journeyman

Either tell the truth or stop responding. At least do a small amount of research, like asking the manufacturer, prior to spouting out nonsense. After asking this question myself and seeing someone say that the manufacturer "said it does", I saw no proof and therefore asked them myself. Here you go. The next part is a copy and paste of my email correspondence with them. You guys simply won't enable the feature and I know why. Granted, it is your call on how you run your business but outright lying to your customers is never smart. Simply say that the feature will not be enabled on this model dye to the fact that it reduces our chances further of being able to charge you for the extra minutes you "might" use at some point. Their response is at the top and my original question to them is at the bottom.

Hello Andrew,

Thanks for contacting HTC Support!

My name is Mark and I'll be assisting you today.

We do appreciate your interest with HTC products and with that I can definitely help you with your concern.

WiFi calling is a feature that is carrier specific and works on an enabled smartphone when the phone is attached to WiFi. HTC One M7's hardware supports the said feature since it is engineered to cater a wide range radio signals emitted by the web.

I strongly suggest that you may need to contact your carrier if they support WiFi calling.

I hope that this email has been helpful in resolving the concern. If you have additional questions, you can reply to this email, dial our HTC Hotline 1-866-449-8358 or chat with us through www.htc.com/us/contact/chat.

Best Regards,

Mark

HTC

Want to see what others are saying? Have a question to ask other HTC fans?

Become a fan of HTC facebook.com/htc

Follow us on Twitter twitter.com/htc

Subscribe to our YouTube Channel youtube.com/htc

Explore our development resources developer.htc.com

--Original Message--

Date: 2/11/2015 8:54:14 AM

To: nam_support@htc.com

Subject: T#115071116736 Technical Support [#16647]

I actually have just one quick question. Is the HTC One (M7) capable of WiFi calling. And by that, I mean, does the existing hardware support it?

Thank you,

Andy

Community Manager

Darii.ar72, While the M7 does support WiFi calling with some clients, it does not support it with Sprint's native VoWiFi calling client.  For this reason, and unless something changes, it won't be enabled on the M7. - Moderator SeaWolf

SeaWolf
Sprint Community Manager & Customer Advocate
Captain of the Vicious Cream-puff
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat